Welcome to the Liveaboard Forum

We are a forum dedicated to Liveaboards worldwide to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of living aboard a boat. Whether you are currently a liveaboard or want to become one you find every thing you need at Life-Aboard.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Hello from Cape Cod

Stop in and say hi! Let us know a little bit about you.

Topic author
StrangeJunk
Your Vessel Info: 1974 42' traditional junk-rigged scow. Built by a local shipwright to be his home. He lived aboard for 30 years. Now I am restoring the boat while living aboard with my spouse and dog.

Hello from Cape Cod

Postby StrangeJunk » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:22 pm

Hi all,

I'm a marine engineer who lives on a big, old, and strange boat with my partner, a scientist, and our dog. We have worked on boats and ships of various sizes but this is our first time owning our own boat. And boy is it a fixer-upper.

Our boat has a very long story but the short version is that I am livingaboard and attempting the restoration of a wooden 1974 42' junk-rigged scow built with tradition techniques to be a liveaboard by a local shipwright.

I have just found this forum and am excited to write with fellow liveaboard. Most online boating resources just aren't written with the liveaboard in mind.

For the Oceans,
StrangeJunk

tex
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 124 times

Re: Hello from Cape Cod

Postby tex » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:45 pm

Welcome aboard. Looking forward to hearing more about your projects and experiences aboard!
Fixing, spending, and occasional cruising in FL

Return to “Introduce Yourself”