Welcome to the Liveaboard Forum

We are a forum dedicated to Liveaboards worldwide to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of living aboard a boat. Whether you are currently a liveaboard or want to become one you find every thing you need at Life-Aboard.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

City Life Aboard

Stop in and say hi! Let us know a little bit about you.

Topic author
grosfion
Your Vessel Info: About to buy a 47 foot trawler

City Life Aboard

Postby grosfion » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:43 pm

Hi All,

We are a couple working in NYC and planning to move onto a boat full time in Jersey City. Currently in progress to buy a 47 foot Trawler.
My wife is avid sailor but we both have no idea of boats, I know more about airplanes.
The boat we looking to buy has no paperwork and was not moved during the last 5 years, so if anyone can recommend a surveyor in the area that would be very much appreciated.

regards,
Marcus

tex
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 128 times

Re: City Life Aboard

Postby tex » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:16 pm

Before speaking to a Surveyor, you may want to get the advice of an attorney regarding the absence of paperwork. Securing a title in the State it was formerly registered is often a time and money consuming issue. I bought a boat with “promised” paperwork that took me over a year to resolve. Insurance, tax and registration issues abound.
Fixing, spending, and occasional cruising in FL

Return to “Introduce Yourself”