Welcome to the Liveaboard Forum

We are a forum dedicated to Liveaboards worldwide to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of living aboard a boat. Whether you are currently a liveaboard or want to become one you find every thing you need at Life-Aboard.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Anybody hear from Ka8uet?

This forum is for any discussions not related to living aboard a boat. The standard forum rules apply, so lets not get crazy :)

Topic author
tex
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 124 times

Anybody hear from Ka8uet?

Postby tex » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:14 pm

Has anyone heard from Helen (Ka8uet). I know CF offered some assistance when she got aboard her new Cat and was looking for a power winch.
Fixing, spending, and occasional cruising in FL

CaptForce
Your Vessel Info: Morgan Out Island 41
Location: Lived Aboard 45 Years,- now on a chair in my walk-in closet!
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 99 times

Re: Anybody hear from Ka8uet?

Postby CaptForce » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:40 am

I never heard from her, but I was at the Green Cove Springs marina where my Son-in-law was having his boat surveyed and I saw what I thought was the catamaran that she was buying. 'hope see is having some success and doing well.
Take care and joy, Aythya crew

Topic author
tex

Postby tex » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:02 pm

Finally got a response this morning by e-mail. She never got the power winch she was looking for but did get the A/C going and was comfortable in Green Cove. She started up the ICW and got as far as Amelia Island before hurricane Irma caught up to her, so she's parked there now and is renting a car to head home for a while, then return for another try. She has vast quantities of beer aboard, so one can understand why she would want to keep it quiet until she escapes the Fernandina area.

scallywag
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 46 times

Postby scallywag » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:55 pm

Keep us up to date.

Jaxfishgyd
Has Liked: 19 times
Been Liked: 66 times

Postby Jaxfishgyd » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:20 pm

Her boat is at Amelia Island Marina, about 5 miles from mine. She had some 'interesting' things happen to her on he way from Green Cove Springs to Fernandina..... But she's back in Ohio the last 2 months or so, hopes to be back onboard next week....
Capt Charlie Freeman
43' Hatteras CPMY
M/V "No Dial Tone"
Fernandina Beach, Fl

Topic author
tex

Postby tex » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:16 pm

Yeah, you know, ever since she got her sail cat, she’s been incommunicado. I think she may have moved on from practical boat ownership and embraced the flagrant opulence of luxury catamaran living! I’ve been in that model boat! To put it in perspective, one could store a week’s supply of Capn. Charlie’s beer in the shower alone. She may not want to rub elbows with us anymore. :|
Attachments
6E08CAB7-C57C-4698-A675-871F9895CA40.jpeg
C43C692F-4331-4A2A-BF49-6B1EBCF264E2.jpeg

scallywag
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 46 times

Postby scallywag » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:05 pm

Thank you for the update. Sure miss her. :D

Return to “The Dock Box”