Welcome to the Liveaboard Forum

We are a forum dedicated to Liveaboards worldwide to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of living aboard a boat. Whether you are currently a liveaboard or want to become one you find every thing you need at Life-Aboard.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Marina Life

ImageA forum to discuss issues related to living aboard your boat here. This is the place for "doing it" rather than "planning to do it".

Topic author
RTB
Your Vessel Info: 1982 Hunter 36 (Cherubini)
Has Liked: 103 times
Been Liked: 43 times

Marina Life

Postby RTB » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:58 pm

Anything exciting happening around your marina? It has been an interesting couple of days here. A 43' catamaran got hit by lightning here with the severe weather last week. Then, an old Marine Trader trawler started taking on serious amounts of water yesterday. Sinking was avoided just in time. The worst happened tonight. A few hours ago, there was what sounded like an explosion. Later, a coast guard boat came past my boat, heading toward the boatyard. I then noticed many flashing lights up that way. Turns out a car crashed, jumping over some water, and landed in an empty slip. Totally missing the dock. Unfortunately, the driver didn't live. Turns out, the boat that almost sank on Sunday, had previously been in that slip, or close to it. The family of 5 had just moved aboard, and moved to their new dock on Saturday! More updates as the week unfolds. On the positive side, the marina received our eclipse viewing glasses which are free to the folks here. So, what's happening in your marina?
But Why's the Rum Gone?

1982 (Cherubini)Hunter 36
s/v FUGUE

Topic author
RTB
Your Vessel Info: 1982 Hunter 36 (Cherubini)
Has Liked: 103 times
Been Liked: 43 times

Re: Marina Life

Postby RTB » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:54 pm

More here...but a lot of BS!

http://thebrunswicknews.com/news/local_ ... c8cd9.html

The first three responders were people with boats on dock 15, who all went into the water to try and save the driver The officer (if one actually dove into the water) never encountered ANY current! There isn't any here. There were NO witnesses as far as I know 24 hours later! ANY DIVE TEAMS arrived many hours after this happened. Amazing that the Police, Fire Department, and even the Coast Guard had NO ONE prepared, or equipped to go in the water! I guess after a couple of minutes after the incident, it's a moot point. Just a recovery effort.

Having a look today, this was on par with the Dukes of Hazard, or Smokey and the Bandit! At least a 200' jump to clear our docks! Just missed a sportfish and a big catamaran....Wow
But Why's the Rum Gone?

1982 (Cherubini)Hunter 36
s/v FUGUE

Jaxfishgyd
Has Liked: 19 times
Been Liked: 66 times

Postby Jaxfishgyd » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:46 pm

As I picked on you on Facebook about that this morning (was in my local newspaper).. anyone going 100+ mph wanted to die..... But like I said there, I don't want to be docked at the end of any street ending at your marina when we cruise up for the weekend.... (plan is October)
Capt Charlie Freeman
43' Hatteras CPMY
M/V "No Dial Tone"
Fernandina Beach, Fl

tex
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 124 times

Postby tex » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:58 pm

Man...I must have one of the most boring Marinas around. There just doesn't seem to be much excitement on Longboat Key during off-season, although we recently had a double murder/robbery at an Island hotel. If that Caddy would have launched itself at 50 mph instead of 100, it could have been worse for someone else.
Fixing, spending, and occasional cruising in FL

tex

Postby tex » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:50 pm

Well, today was a happening time at the Marina. The staff didn't check the creamer for the coffee in the morning (the marina offers free coffee and a muffin to members), and several regulars nearly up-chucked from the surprise first sip. Well, there you go.......that's about it from Longboat Key!

Jaxfishgyd
Has Liked: 19 times
Been Liked: 66 times

Postby Jaxfishgyd » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:35 pm

114.jpg

The excitement off our boat in our marina...
Capt Charlie Freeman
43' Hatteras CPMY
M/V "No Dial Tone"
Fernandina Beach, Fl

tex

Postby tex » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:35 pm

Did you get that old fish out again?!

scallywag
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 46 times

Postby scallywag » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:55 pm

Wow! Great fish! Is that a $20,000 or $30,000 catch? I caught one but it was not that long.

John :lol:

scallywag
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 46 times

Postby scallywag » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:22 pm

I was told the St. Augustine City Marina is closed. Call ahead....

Return to “Living Aboard”