Welcome to the Liveaboard Forum

We are a forum dedicated to Liveaboards worldwide to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of living aboard a boat. Whether you are currently a liveaboard or want to become one you find every thing you need at Life-Aboard.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Heaters

Questions and answers about financing the dream, budgets, insurance, investments, taxes, and all things money related.

Jaxfishgyd
Has Liked: 20 times
Been Liked: 67 times

Re: Heaters

Postby Jaxfishgyd » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:25 am

We just had our first cool temps of the Fall, 62 degrees at 0600 and the admiral is wearing socks, sweat pants, long sleeve shirt, sweat shirt with hoody... Surprised she doesn't have gloves on......
Capt Charlie Freeman
43' Hatteras CPMY
M/V "No Dial Tone"
Fernandina Beach, Fl

Robin
Has Liked: 121 times
Been Liked: 47 times

Postby Robin » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:10 am

Jaxfishgyd wrote:Source of the post We just had our first cool temps of the Fall, 62 degrees at 0600 and the admiral is wearing socks, sweat pants, long sleeve shirt, sweat shirt with hoody... Surprised she doesn't have gloves on......

Nice summer's day really! :lol:
Mark my words, it will be dark again by nightfall :)

scallywag
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 48 times

Postby scallywag » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:52 am

Thinking of Ralph this morning. Way too cold for me. Europe was too cold for me in the Summer.

Robin

Postby Robin » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:28 pm

just got back from the store, wore the same shorts and tee as all summer. Sign on AI said 70F my auto aircon was unusually inactive in the car mind. :o

RTB
Your Vessel Info: 1982 Hunter 36 (Cherubini)
Has Liked: 109 times

Postby RTB » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:42 pm

Still wore shorts, sandals, and a light jacket today. Was 55 this morning here. 40's here in the morning. Might need socks and shoes tomorrow. :( Much less windy tomorrow, so shouldn't be too bad.
But Why's the Rum Gone?

1982 (Cherubini)Hunter 36
s/v FUGUE

Topic author
tex
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 133 times

Postby tex » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:27 pm

It takes these cool temps to get me back to enjoying FL. Working on the boat projects is a pleasure. Redoing headliner in the pilothouse now and I’d be really struggling in the heat.
Fixing, spending, and occasional cruising in FL

RTB

Postby RTB » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:01 am

OK. So now, it's getting seriously chilly! Lately about 52* in the cabin on mornings when it's in the low 40's. I had a boater here loan us his little west marine heater. Was 73* inside while 39* outside. Pretty cozy now! Got some 20's coming, so happy for the extra heater! Happy New Year! Y'all stay warm!
But Why's the Rum Gone?

s/v FUGUE

Jaxfishgyd
Has Liked: 20 times
Been Liked: 67 times

Postby Jaxfishgyd » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:42 am

As much as I am NOT a Worse Marine fan.... I DO have two of their electric portable heaters that do a great job... it's all we use in the stateroom and all we need...And from the forecast for this week, We'll be using it nonstop.... But will keep the main 16,000 BTU main unit on for the saloon and galley
Capt Charlie Freeman
43' Hatteras CPMY
M/V "No Dial Tone"
Fernandina Beach, Fl

Robin

Postby Robin » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:32 am

We have still not turned over from 'cool' to 'heat' but I had to make a foray to Wally World yesterdayto replace yet another coffeemaker I felt like sleet but certainly ultra cold horizontal blown rain. I Got a few strange looks for my shorts too. ( no change much there then, must be just my legs :lol: ). Took a stroll out on the balcony this morning, looks a tad choppy on the ditch and the one anchored boat that hasn't moved in weeks is pitching up and down well, still with half the uncovered mainsail flopped over the cockpit. HAd the salvage barge the otherside last week that had a collection of boats stashed on deck, then went off and dumped those before returning to replace or add some piles to the embryo(uncompleted) marina at the condo complex west side of the waterway THE constant tream south has either stopped or is held up by the cold spell and wind. Oops T has just gone sat outon the balcony with her coffee, I'll start the stopwatch... :lol:

PS 30 seconds!

RTB

Postby RTB » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:25 pm

Robin wrote:Source of the postTHE constant tream south has either stopped or is held up by the cold spell and wind.

PS 30 seconds!

We had 8 boats leave last Saturday. A couple have posted on Facebook that they were having some not so nice weather in Daytona. We have 6 or 7 transients that came in over the weekend that have delayed their departure from here because of this weather. Looks like a mix of rain,sleet, and snow for us tomorrow. More 20's in the forecast for tomorrow night and Thursday! That does it for me...no more winters north of Miami for me after this winter.
But Why's the Rum Gone?

s/v FUGUE

Topic author
tex
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 133 times

Postby tex » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:54 pm

Pretty chilly today for wire work but under the helm with pilothouse doors closed, I still prefer it to the sweat lodge of summer. I might even rev up the fireplace tonight! How about some hot rum!
Fixing, spending, and occasional cruising in FL

scallywag

Postby scallywag » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:10 pm

The winds in St. Augustine have been around 30....Downtown flooded yesterday morning during the high tide and winds. Only power boaters could move in this breeze. Worked outside yesterday and my hands were freezing. Reminded me of being up north. Took shifts inside warming the hands until finished.

Robin

Postby Robin » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:44 pm

Apparently our beaches are closed due to debris in the water, not seen it. Cold wet and windy all day decided not to do our usual shop trip until tomorrow when it is supposed not to rain. still have no heat on and the air turned on once even late afternoon. Bit choppy in the ditch still but the one little anchored sailboat has dragged off yet although the mainsail is still hanging loose off the boom and catching the wind. :(

Robin

Postby Robin » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:46 pm

30 overnight and woken by exploding power cans on the other bank, one flas bang ourside but 4 or 5 the other, west, side. the power was off west side for some 3 to 4 hrs as far as I could tell in between bathroom visits.

Admiral in foul mood accusing me of having air on full all night ( it was set at 75 and did not come on) I even put an extra comforter over mis Grump at 3 am, even though she had my share of the covers anyway.. Why do womenfolk not understand how thermostats work? Outside tempdropped to 30F but has popped above 50 again now. I got some odd looks again in wally World in my shorts. mid morning. Apparently Tallahassee has seen snow? Who has sledges ready? ( I have a Sister Sledge CD but my butt is too big sliding the slopes on that) :lol:

scallywag

Postby scallywag » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:42 pm

Half of a House at Ponte Vedra Beach fell into the surf. Homeowner has limited time to remove debris from the beach. Resident saw bathtub floating out to sea. I remember seeing telephone poles floating in the ICW between Daytona and Marineland. :geek:

Return to “All Things Money For Liveaboards”