Welcome to the Liveaboard Forum

We are a forum dedicated to Liveaboards worldwide to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of living aboard a boat. Whether you are currently a liveaboard or want to become one you find every thing you need at Life-Aboard.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Anyone use a pressure cooker on board?

Recipes, advice, appliances and more. Just because you might have a small galley doesn't mean you can't cook big!

ka8uet
Has Liked: 130 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Re: Anyone use a pressure cooker on board?

Postby ka8uet » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:26 pm

Robin, if you get really ambitious, you can also bake in a pressure cooker. Turns out nice and moist.

Topic author
Robin
Has Liked: 117 times
Been Liked: 45 times

Postby Robin » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:47 pm

I haven't tried bread but know it is possible and even have a recipe somewhere.

Have you found your new boat yet?
Mark my words, it will be dark again by nightfall :)

ka8uet

Postby ka8uet » Thu May 05, 2016 9:10 pm

Not yet, but I'm going to look at one this month. I'll be going down to Ft. Lauderdale for Memorial Day, and going to look at the boat on my way back. Keep fingers crossed! :D

tex
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 124 times

Postby tex » Sun May 08, 2016 11:27 pm

ka8uet wrote:Source of the post Not yet, but I'm going to look at one this month. I'll be going down to Ft. Lauderdale for Memorial Day, and going to look at the boat on my way back. Keep fingers crossed! :D

Helen....I sure hope this one works out for you. It's time to get back on the water....living aboard.
Fixing, spending, and occasional cruising in FL

ka8uet

Postby ka8uet » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:37 am

Robin, there is also a forum on Facebook called Pressure Cooking on a Boat. As I mentioned, I expect that these will be for non-electric cookers. I've never seen an electric cooker, so perhaps they are a British thing and not over here.

AdaBurton
Your Vessel Info: I'm living in a yacht. I spend a whole summer traveling across pacific ocean.

Postby AdaBurton » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:57 am

http://www.allkitchenfind.com/Electric-Pressure-Cooker/
I like using Pressure Cooker. It really saves a lot of time. It can be used to whip up a nutritious and tasty one-pot meal in mere minutes.

diannae
Your Vessel Info: I love my boat and its really amazing

Postby diannae » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:39 pm

Just like everyone here on this forum I love to cook in a slow cooker. These slow cookers get ready dinners while you're out doing what needs to be done.

Topic author
Robin
Has Liked: 117 times
Been Liked: 45 times

Postby Robin » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:19 pm

diannae wrote:Source of the post Just like everyone here on this forum I love to cook in a slow cooker. These slow cookers get ready dinners while you're out doing what needs to be done.

They do however need power whereas a stovetop pressure cooker can be used on a propane stove, also works as a good closed top pan in rough weather not pressurised as well as being a good sized pot for cooking a decent lobster. :D
Mark my words, it will be dark again by nightfall :)

Return to “Cooking Aboard”