Welcome to the Liveaboard Forum

We are a forum dedicated to Liveaboards worldwide to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of living aboard a boat. Whether you are currently a liveaboard or want to become one you find every thing you need at Life-Aboard.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

First night cruising hot summer anchorages

From blue water to the back waters, discuss all things cruising in this forum.

ka8uet
Has Liked: 147 times
Been Liked: 23 times

Re: First night cruising hot summer anchorages

Postby ka8uet » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:46 pm

My dog is having a rough time, coughing and throwing up. She's gotten worse, especially when she's out in the cockpit. She's even more short of breath than I am. So I have to get both of us to doctors.

Topic author
tex
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 162 times

Postby tex » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:57 pm

Holy smokes, Helen! :shock: You mean that green stuff is making you AND the dog sick? Hmmm....I wonder if one of our cats is sensitive to this red tide over here. Always seems to be listless, but still eats well. He’s staying with the Admiral at a hotel about five miles inland, but I haven’t noticed any improvement.

Keep us informed!
When life is hard, eat marshmallows!

ka8uet

Postby ka8uet » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:09 pm

Cats are prone to allergies, so it could be. Dog and I are both going to have to make trips for medical assistance. NOT how I wanted to spend money!

Topic author
tex

Postby tex » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:24 am

At least for the Red Tide effects, the Admiral took steroids last year in the worst time, and it relieved her lung restriction greatly.

ka8uet

Postby ka8uet » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:09 pm

Steroids work well, but I don't like taking them, because I don't like who I become when I"m on them.

Topic author
tex

Postby tex » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:58 pm

Well, get ready Helen. You may need to make that decision. Here’s the latest red tide map and although ig has reduced somewhat in the Gulf, it’s in Miami and Palm Beach AND even creeping up in the panhandle.
Attachments
8689922F-1ED2-4D9E-A298-BED19C21652C.jpeg

ka8uet

Postby ka8uet » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:36 pm

We also have blue=green algae. It's what blooms in Lake Erie every summer, and is very toxic. Different organism, same result. Excess fertilizer is what causes the bloom.

Return to “Cruising and Cruising Destinations”