Welcome to the Liveaboard Forum

We are a forum dedicated to Liveaboards worldwide to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of living aboard a boat. Whether you are currently a liveaboard or want to become one you find every thing you need at Life-Aboard.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Fall cruising season

From blue water to the back waters, discuss all things cruising in this forum.

Topic author
tex
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 113 times

Fall cruising season

Postby tex » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:19 pm

The Admiral and I are hoping to finally do some longer cruising this fall after Hurricane season. The weather has been hot and miserable (this is Florida, after all) and unlike the last two years, we're hoping the temps will allow some comfortable anchoring and cruising before Christmas. Of course, along with the cooler temperatures comes the snow birds and traffic but we'd prefer the water anyway. We're thinking principally Florida, maybe the big bend area, then around the keys and up the coast to the St. Johns. Anybody else have cruising intentions this fall? We've yet to have a Life-Aboard rendezvous. Maybe we should meet at Fernandina Beach and drink Capt. Charlie's beer!
Fixing, spending, and occasional cruising in FL

CaptForce
Your Vessel Info: Morgan Out Island 41
Location: Lived Aboard 45 Years,- now on a chair in my walk-in closet!
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 92 times

Re: Fall cruising season

Postby CaptForce » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:48 am

Cruising is no longer on our list, but if you are within range of us in NE Florida we would welcome the opportunity to drink some of Capt. Charlie's beer!
Take care and joy, Aythya crew

Robin
Has Liked: 107 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Postby Robin » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:38 am

CaptForce wrote:Source of the post Cruising is no longer on our list, but if you are within range of us in NE Florida we would welcome the opportunity to drink some of Capt. Charlie's beer!

Might be wiser not to give him advance warning? :lol:
Mark my words, it will be dark again by nightfall :)

CaptForce

Postby CaptForce » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:50 pm

Tex, There are some beautiful cool and clear springs up the Saint Johns River, Salt Springs, Silver Glen Springs, Juniper Springs.....

Topic author
tex
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 113 times

Postby tex » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:11 pm

Yeah, we'd do the springs for sure....exactly the kind of thing that would fascinate the Admiral. I understand that during chilly winter days, Manatees can crowd the springs. It's good to hear from you CF! You're about the only force around here that can keep Capn. Charlie in check. :lol:
Fixing, spending, and occasional cruising in FL

CaptForce

Postby CaptForce » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:45 am

Having a history of sneaking beer past Capt Charlie's tariff is not exactly "keeping him in check"! There are a good number of those 500lb baked potatoes swimming in the St. Johns River. The greatest concentration of them in the winter is near the warm water effluent of the power plant south of Palatka.

Return to “Cruising and Cruising Destinations”