Welcome to the Liveaboard Forum

We are a forum dedicated to Liveaboards worldwide to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of living aboard a boat. Whether you are currently a liveaboard or want to become one you find every thing you need at Life-Aboard.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Marina Life

ImageA forum to discuss issues related to living aboard your boat here. This is the place for "doing it" rather than "planning to do it".

Topic author
RTB
Your Vessel Info: 1982 Hunter 36 (Cherubini)
Has Liked: 136 times
Been Liked: 54 times

Re: Marina Life

Postby RTB » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:43 pm

tex wrote:Source of the post Well it’s sure a good thing they start out grateful, cuz they might be there for a while. ;)

The only thing happening at our local marina is red tide, and that could be here for a while too.

Well, we do have free beer and happy hour 3 times a week. I'm sure our visitors can find something to do while waiting out this storm.

I have been really bothered by all the reports of red tide in Florida. I have only seen a little of it when we were passing through the west coast on one occasion. Pretty disturbing news for Florida.
But Why's the Rum Gone?

1982 (Cherubini)Hunter 36
s/v FUGUE

ka8uet
Has Liked: 151 times
Been Liked: 28 times

Postby ka8uet » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:07 pm

I remember that last year's red tide gave your lady breathing problems. How is she doing this year?

Topic author
RTB
Your Vessel Info: 1982 Hunter 36 (Cherubini)
Has Liked: 136 times
Been Liked: 54 times

Postby RTB » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:18 pm

All is well here. We have free beer... The red ride is disturbing to me. Florida has some issues. We got a taste of it on the west coast back in 2013.
But Why's the Rum Gone?

1982 (Cherubini)Hunter 36
s/v FUGUE

scallywag
Has Liked: 23 times
Been Liked: 58 times

Postby scallywag » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:15 am

Dr.'s Lake near Green Cove Springs had an algae bloom that was toxic. One biologist stated people cause pollution. WOW! A college professor with that statement. People also cause traffic. Dredging has stopped in the canal system because of a high level of arsenic. Another problem is the high level of sodium chloride. Did not have these problems before the h :shock: urricanes.

tex
Has Liked: 14 times
Been Liked: 165 times

Postby tex » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:50 am

ka8uet wrote:Source of the post I remember that last year's red tide gave your lady breathing problems. How is she doing this year?

Nice of you to ask, Helen. My Admiral returned from five weeks in Germany last month, but even though she is super sensitive to the red tide, she’s been doing OK as long as she is inside with filters and A/C running. We’re thinking that since she arrived from Germany with no sniffles, cold, or any other lung complication, she is strong enough to handle it. Still, our plan is to head out on the loop in the spring, we’ll be looking at other places to live.
When life is hard, eat marshmallows!

Return to “Living Aboard”