Welcome to the Liveaboard Forum

We are a forum dedicated to Liveaboards worldwide to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of living aboard a boat. Whether you are currently a liveaboard or want to become one you find every thing you need at Life-Aboard.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Another break “to” land

Learn how others did it. Ask advice on all issues related to making the move onto a boat.

scallywag
Has Liked: 23 times
Been Liked: 58 times

Re: Another break “to” land

Postby scallywag » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:41 pm

Good to see the posts. Since the Admiral is away Tex can play. RTB,I guess is off due to the 4th. Robin it is always good to hear from you. Our tour guide was constantly apologizing because it was too hot. We were wearing sweaters. :lol: In fact we take sweaters to wear in Wal Mart.

Dot and John

Robin
Your Vessel Info: We live on a 40ft 1986 Birchwood TS37 which has been updated twin 260hp Yanmar diesels. Semi displacement shallow keel, 15kts cruise, 20kts WOT.
Has Liked: 149 times
Been Liked: 56 times

Postby Robin » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:55 pm

tex wrote:Source of the post Speaking of thrashing, you mention nothing about getting back into the football mania while back home! Chance to thrash the Bolsheviks almost happened, but on to the semi-finals anyway!

We boughta small TV and had it delivered just an hour before the England v Columbia game. Luckily it was plug and play install and the boat already had an omni-directional aerial in place ready to go. We get 'freeview' digital no cable no satellite dish and no monthly bill either. Only thing missing is a DVR box with live TV pause and rewind so we can replay every England goal over and over. The marina here erupted after each England win with massed fog horns.

FOOTBALL'S COMING HOME!!!! Almost there.

Shame you lot are missing this time. The admiral can't wear her Stars and Stripes outfit whereas I get to string up the flags of St George and sing Rule Brittannia Britannia waives the rules loudly :P
Mark my words, it will be dark again by nightfall :)

ka8uet
Has Liked: 151 times
Been Liked: 28 times

Postby ka8uet » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:01 pm

Good luck, Robin. I'm sorry not to have met you in person. Maybe later.

Return to “Making The Break From Land”