Welcome to the Liveaboard Forum

We are a forum dedicated to Liveaboards worldwide to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of living aboard a boat. Whether you are currently a liveaboard or want to become one you find every thing you need at Life-Aboard.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Memorial Day Plans

This forum is for any discussions not related to living aboard a boat. The standard forum rules apply, so lets not get crazy :)

Topic author
scallywag
Has Liked: 22 times
Been Liked: 58 times

Memorial Day Plans

Postby scallywag » Fri May 25, 2018 12:50 pm

What are your plans for Memorial Day? I hope to launch myself to Scallywag and clean. I know Alberto is on the way. I have to move Scallywag due to the dredging of the canal system. I am only 2 months late heading to the slip. :?

Dot and John

tex
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 143 times

Re: Memorial Day Plans

Postby tex » Fri May 25, 2018 2:30 pm

I guess my plans will be preping for Alberto. I’m in the boat right now and I hear some dripping coming from the cap rail joint. Grrrrr! Good luck trying to caulk during the storms. Already coming down hard.
Fixing, spending, and occasional cruising in FL

RTB
Your Vessel Info: 1982 Hunter 36 (Cherubini)
Has Liked: 121 times
Been Liked: 52 times

Postby RTB » Fri May 25, 2018 10:37 pm

Hoping for better weather than I'm expecting. I'll be running the show here at Brunswick Landing Marina. So, yeah. Working. The marina is putting on a celebration for Memorial Day, providing BBQ from Southern Soul, Pabst Blue Ribbon beer, wine, and a live band. Hoping for an outside event, but we can take it indoors at the Yacht Club if necessary. Best wishes to our friends in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida. Hoping Alberto
is a non-event.

Ralph
But Why's the Rum Gone?

1982 (Cherubini)Hunter 36
s/v FUGUE

RTB
Your Vessel Info: 1982 Hunter 36 (Cherubini)
Has Liked: 121 times

Postby RTB » Sun May 27, 2018 6:15 pm

How is it going for you, Tex? Alberto causing any serious issues for those on the west coast of Fl.?

Hoping things dry out a bit for tomorrow. It has been raining most of the day here in Ga., mostly light stuff with occasional moderate amounts falling. Usually when I'm docking or fueling a boat. I expected more wind than we have been seeing, although some boats coming in did say it was unpleasant in the sounds.
But Why's the Rum Gone?

1982 (Cherubini)Hunter 36
s/v FUGUE

tex
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 143 times

Postby tex » Sun May 27, 2018 11:31 pm

Pouring hard in the AM, but surprisingly dry in the afternoon. At 7 PM, winds started to pick up. No big deal like the forcast predicted though.
Fixing, spending, and occasional cruising in FL

Robin
Has Liked: 133 times

Postby Robin » Tue May 29, 2018 2:17 am

Meanwhile several thousand miles east, also a national holiday but not 'memorial', we had an extremely hot day, measured 91F at 4pm and high humidity with it. had huge Florida style thunderstorms on Saturday night really fantastic light show but same storms passed northwards and caused flash floods and mayhem in parts of central England, one 80 year old sadly died in totally submerged car. Our boat appears totally watertight so far except via cockpit canvas enclosure, not unreasonably given the conditions. currently concerned about refrigerstor that shows -23C in the freezer bit but 10C in the main bit (should be 4-6C) Have adjusted and hope it will settle. Motor yacht next to us has a stunning wife with a perfect tan plus he has aircons on board although has to run generator to boost the shore supply if they are used. Nice peeps lent me their water hose to extend ours which could not reach from nearest tap (faucet) so T could rinse her shower soap off. MEMO-look at water tank gauge before soaping up all over! :o
Mark my words, it will be dark again by nightfall :)

Robin
Has Liked: 133 times

Postby Robin » Tue May 29, 2018 2:28 am

My son and a friend arrived Sat night and spent all day running convoys to and from our storage unit to boat plus local trash tip with our 'shipped' gear All we need now is to find room to stow it all away .At least now I have my tools and bits like screws and stuff that I was buying duplicates of at truly rip off chandler prices. Velcro straps that were once give aways at West Daytona are $10/pair here to buy and I just found a dozen in one of my boxes :D .
Mark my words, it will be dark again by nightfall :)

Topic author
scallywag
Has Liked: 22 times
Been Liked: 58 times

Postby scallywag » Tue May 29, 2018 11:57 am

Robin...at east you have all of your belongings aboard. Tex...glad you made it through the blow. Ralph...it is rough to have to party while you are working. We only had 2" of rain. Nothing big. In the 90's on Friday and Saturday...Still working on a floor. Will pull up some pieces... I am not happy with a space I see. :|

Dot and John

Return to “The Dock Box”