Welcome to the Liveaboard Forum

We are a forum dedicated to Liveaboards worldwide to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of living aboard a boat. Whether you are currently a liveaboard or want to become one you find every thing you need at Life-Aboard.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Retirement

Stop in and say hi! Let us know a little bit about you.

Topic author
Pilotmill
Your Vessel Info: Looking at Island Packet 27 or 31

Retirement

Postby Pilotmill » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:22 pm

Hi all,
New to the forum. I have owned a few sailboats over the years. Alone now a retiring soon. I ave began my search for the right boat to liveaboard and enjoy my retirement. Looking forward to this next adventure. Gar

Tifoez
Your Vessel Info: 1978 Luhrs SportFisherman

Re: Retirement

Postby Tifoez » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:16 am

I know its not advised, but if you have a keen eye, a lot of nice boats that need love are available on ebay right now, I wish I had the sailing spirit, but our family found a 32' Luhrs Flybridge Cruiser for $303 on ebay, and we've taken her out on Lake Michigan several times!! She is an awesome find, but not the only golden egg.. Best wishes on your search, and if you ever need an elbow-grease laborer, send a shout!!
Smooth waters, and clean bilges!!

scallywag
Has Liked: 23 times
Been Liked: 58 times

Re: Retirement

Postby scallywag » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:46 am

Welcome to the Forum. You need to have a goal in retirement to keep you going. Keep dreaming and doing.

Dot and John

Return to “Introduce Yourself”