Welcome to the Liveaboard Forum

We are a forum dedicated to Liveaboards worldwide to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of living aboard a boat. Whether you are currently a liveaboard or want to become one you find every thing you need at Life-Aboard.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Cleaning

ImageDiscuss boat maintenance and repair issues here.

Topic author
scallywag
Has Liked: 23 times
Been Liked: 58 times

Cleaning

Postby scallywag » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:03 pm

The two hurricanes have really put a dent in my up keep. I have to decrease my cleaning responsibilities. Repairing the house, mowing the law. and cleaning the Scallywag. My vote is for the house and lawn. I have to move Scallywag because of dredging the canals.

Dot and John

tex
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 162 times

Re: Cleaning

Postby tex » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:31 pm

Yes, I’m still feeling the effects of Irma especially. Lots of things pushed back and still catching up. Our cruising on Bucky was delayed another five months or more. Just got the dinghy and outboard, even the fixes for electronics were three months. It’s hell working on a budget.
When life is hard, eat marshmallows!

Topic author
scallywag

Postby scallywag » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:00 pm

What budget. No money, no fix. I just found out my outdoor electric fixture does not work. I have charging the batteries for week. Not charging. Today, I placed have a generator on the batteries. I had to be out of here yesterday. The dredge is coming soon. Wow. Stressed? :lol:

John

tex
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 162 times

Postby tex » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:26 pm

Speaking of dredging, how about dredging up some cash instead of boat issues?! We spent our first cruising anchorage night last night in Pelican Bay. Genset and A/C both went out. Instead of enjoying this beautiful anchorage, I was up at 3-6 AM getting things working again. Bet I lost 10 lbs. in sweat. Fish kills and red tide most of the way down from Sarasota. Admiral and cats miserable.
When life is hard, eat marshmallows!

Topic author
scallywag

Postby scallywag » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:08 pm

I just found out my batteries were not being charged. I was hoping to leave today. Put a generator on the boat. The dredge is to be here soon. This is not fun. I would rather be on an anchorage. Still fighting with the county about ICW issues and contamination. Paid two months for a slip and have not been there. Just informed a realtor that I plan to keep the boat here because it is cheaper than slip rent. What choices to make. I could care if words are spelled correctly.

John

Return to “Maintenance and Repairs”