Welcome to the Liveaboard Forum

We are a forum dedicated to Liveaboards worldwide to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of living aboard a boat. Whether you are currently a liveaboard or want to become one you find every thing you need at Life-Aboard.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Renting/crewing sailboat first experience CA?

Learn how others did it. Ask advice on all issues related to making the move onto a boat.

Topic author
Piquee
Your Vessel Info: Gathering info right now. Trying to decide how crazy I am.

Renting/crewing sailboat first experience CA?

Postby Piquee » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:29 pm

New member, first time posting.

Does anyone know a place in California that will take you out as crew for a day for a first time (ish) sailing experience? I am deciding if I am making a foolish decision in going liveaboard.

Thank you,
mark

tex
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 143 times

Re: Renting/crewing sailboat first experience CA?

Postby tex » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:50 am

Mark: I’d check out craigslist for your area, then the local marinas for those regional publications, then I’d check the bulletin boards and talk to the old salts on the docks. There’s always putting an ad in the Craigslist wanted section. Good luck.
Fixing, spending, and occasional cruising in FL

Return to “Making The Break From Land”