Welcome to the Liveaboard Forum

We are a forum dedicated to Liveaboards worldwide to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of living aboard a boat. Whether you are currently a liveaboard or want to become one you find every thing you need at Life-Aboard.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Cruising Memories

From blue water to the back waters, discuss all things cruising in this forum.

Topic author
CaptForce
Your Vessel Info: Morgan Out Island 41
Location: Lived Aboard 45 Years,- now on a chair in my walk-in closet!
Has Liked: 10 times
Been Liked: 118 times

Cruising Memories

Postby CaptForce » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:58 pm

As most of you know Nancie and I sold our boat after 45 years of liveaboard cruising due to her loss of mobility. Over the recent weeks we have taken a land cruise north of Florida by way of Savannah, Charleston, Georgetown, Annapolis, Philadelphia, New York City and now in Boston. We've visited these ports and a number of friends from our cruising days. We've been treating our time on land as an adventure since it's been something we had left since our college days, but it's a joy to revisit all these ports. Admittedly, driving through New York is much less pleasant than the run with the current up the East River by Hell Gate, but it's been wonderful to meet up with so many friends from our past. We're visiting the heavy cruiser USN warship "Salem" tomorrow where Nancie's father served in the Med during the late fifties while Nancie and her mother lived in France. Then we're on to Portsmisth, NH and Boothbay, Maine.
I'm sharing this remembrance trip with hope to encourage any young potential liveaboard cruisers to pursue the dream. Nancie and I had other facets to our lives,- careers, children, land adventures .... , but nothing was more uniquely rewarding than the independence and self-sufficiency of cruising off in our boat. 'take care and joy, Aythya crew
Take care and joy, Aythya crew

tex
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 162 times

Re: Cruising Memories

Postby tex » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:23 am

We’re still just as delighted to hear from you even though your cruising is principally on land now. I agree on the drive through NYC vs. the waterways. Can’t say I ever enjoyed a drive through the area. Thanks again for the share!
When life is hard, eat marshmallows!

Return to “Cruising and Cruising Destinations”