Welcome to the Liveaboard Forum

We are a forum dedicated to Liveaboards worldwide to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of living aboard a boat. Whether you are currently a liveaboard or want to become one you find every thing you need at Life-Aboard.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Newby

Stop in and say hi! Let us know a little bit about you.

Topic author
Howard52
Your Vessel Info: 1976 Bombay Clipper 31.
Been messing with sailboats since 1969. Living aboard for three years now with my wife. In Manatee Pocket, Stuart, Florida.
We have been anchored here after I had a stint with sepsis and Diane batitled cancer, she won!
So we are heading to Fort Pierce to finish up some projects. Then we will be off to the keys.

Newby

Unread postby Howard52 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:50 pm

Hello,
My name is Howard and my wife's name is Diane. We are retired. Living aboard a 34' cold molded ketch. But fixing up a 31 Bombay Clipper to move into soon.
We have been at anchored with both boats together.
I have been sailing since 1969, Diane just a couple years.
MARTIN COUNTY is converting anchoring fields to moorings. To get rid of us boat bums,as they say. They completed the field on the south side of Jenson Beach bridge. But it's not open yet. The manatee pocket has just been survyed. So they will be kicking us out soon.

I know a wide 31' boat is not that big to live aboard. But I am only 70 years old. I will get that freedom 44 some day!

tex
Has Liked: 23 times
Been Liked: 223 times

Re: Newby

Unread postby tex » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:58 pm

Welcome aboard! What’s the idea of downsizing to the 31’? Is it a beamier boat? Just turned 70 myself but our liveaboard plans for this year kinda got postponed by the convenience of locking down in our Island community dirt residence. More time to work on the boat though.
When life is hard, eat marshmallows!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”