Welcome to the Liveaboard Forum

We are a forum dedicated to Liveaboards worldwide to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of living aboard a boat. Whether you are currently a liveaboard or want to become one you find every thing you need at Life-Aboard.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Introducing myself.

Stop in and say hi! Let us know a little bit about you.

Topic author
bobcarello
Your Vessel Info: I'm in the process of looking for my 1st liveaboard vessel.
Has Liked: 1 time

Introducing myself.

Unread postby bobcarello » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:58 am

Good morning and Happy New Year.

Hello all. I am excited to find this site as I am new to the liveaboard world and very hungry to learn as much as possible before buying a liveaboard capable boat. I am in the process of selling my house, getting rid of all the "can't live without" stuff. Currently I live in central Florida and will be very buying a boat. I'm looking for a 34 to 42 trawler preferably with twin diesels and a bow thruster. I will be a solo captain. I would buy a single if everything else looks promising. The mechanicals will be the most important factor in making my final decision. I'm leaning on docking her on the central/southern east coast of Florida. As soon as I learn as much as possible about her and my skills have reached an adequate level I plan on motoring her up and down the ICW. My previous experience has been owning 4 boats. The longest one was 21'. I grew up on a large lake and feel very comfortable boating. I welcome any tips that you can share with me as to what you went through when you were in my current position. Thank You.

tex
Has Liked: 23 times
Been Liked: 227 times

Re: Introducing myself.

Unread postby tex » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:35 pm

Welcome aboard, Bob. A possible option for you would be Southwest Florida Trawlers, who both educate and rent various trawler style boats. Things being the way they are right now, a buyers broker may be able to help you get Aboard some boats that you may be interested in, but there’s nothing like actually getting into a Helm seat of a similar style vessel with a bit of patient guidance.

When you’re talking about spending tens of thousands of dollars or more on a boat, you can’t substitute on-the-water experience. Best of luck!
When life is hard, eat marshmallows!

Topic author
bobcarello
Your Vessel Info: I'm in the process of looking for my 1st liveaboard vessel.
Has Liked: 1 time

Re: Introducing myself.

Unread postby bobcarello » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:05 am

Thanks for the good advice. It makes a lot of sense. I'll definitely look into doing what you suggested.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”