Welcome to the Liveaboard Forum

We are a forum dedicated to Liveaboards worldwide to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of living aboard a boat. Whether you are currently a liveaboard or want to become one you find every thing you need at Life-Aboard.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Family to hit the Waters?

Stop in and say hi! Let us know a little bit about you.

Topic author
MikeNikki
Your Vessel Info: Not Yet, still learning

Family to hit the Waters?

Unread postby MikeNikki » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:11 am

Hi everyone,
we are a Family with 2 Kids looking into the the Trawler Lifestyle. With 6 moves through 3 Countries throughout the Decade or So and 3+ Years of traveling the US in a RV, we aren't the stay in one Placeto long kind of people.
Looking as a starting Point from Florida and then into the Caribbean and then see where there current will pull us.

How bad are the restrictions traveling throughout the Caribbean?

Thanks

MikeNikki

tex
Has Liked: 23 times
Been Liked: 223 times

Re: Family to hit the Waters?

Unread postby tex » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:30 pm

Welcome aboard! My wife is a ex-Diplomat who also relocated every three years or less. I accompanied her on the last seven moves.

Since travel restrictions seem to be in flux both here and in parts of the Caribbean, I would check the specific countries on your visit list and do it often because we’ve had several cases of cruisers getting caught in lockdowns that happened during their visits. YouTube is also a good source to get the latest on cruisers in those countries right now. Best of luck.
When life is hard, eat marshmallows!

CaptForce
Your Vessel Info: Morgan Out Island 41
Location: Lived Aboard 45 Years,- now on a chair in my walk-in closet!
Has Liked: 20 times
Been Liked: 150 times

Re: Family to hit the Waters?

Unread postby CaptForce » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:42 am

Though you don't mention the search for a vessel to meet your needs, if this is a need in your plans, you may wish to look at LRC vessels. The LRC represents "long range cruiser" as most liveaboard power boats are not designed to make passages throughout the Caribbean from Florida.

My wife and I spent many years cruising with our two children and found our adventures very rewarding. The travel restrictions for cruisers have a history of being relatively simple; however, I assume you question might be specifically related to Covid19 and I'm sure Tex's "in flux" is accurate.

Keep us posted with your quest and adventures!
Take care and joy, Aythya crew

Return to “Introduce Yourself”