Welcome to the Liveaboard Forum

We are a forum dedicated to Liveaboards worldwide to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of living aboard a boat. Whether you are currently a liveaboard or want to become one you find every thing you need at Life-Aboard.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Admiral and I giving it a try

ImageA forum to discuss issues related to living aboard your boat here. This is the place for "doing it" rather than "planning to do it".

Topic author
tex
Has Liked: 19 times
Been Liked: 207 times

Re: Admiral and I giving it a try

Unread postby tex » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:18 pm

Jaxfishgyd wrote:I so see you and the admiral buying a 53' Hatteras....

I don't know what my Admiral has in mind. I was surprised that she accepted the invitation to get aboard a Hatt 53' in our local marina. She had spoken to some live-aboards the day before that have a 60 ft. houseboat in the same marina, and I heard the word "shoes" several times. It's true that utilizing the forward and amidships guest staterooms along with the twin stand-up engine rooms aboard the Hatt 53', one could possibly store her shoe collection. :roll: So far though, no plans to actually purchase another boat.
When life is hard, eat marshmallows!

Jaxfishgyd
Has Liked: 20 times
Been Liked: 81 times

Unread postby Jaxfishgyd » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:26 pm

And if you need someone to DRIVE the 53'......... ;)
But after being on the B.....Y over the weekend, you've done a LOT of work to her since we moved her a few years ago !!
Capt Charlie Freeman
43' Hatteras CPMY
M/V "No Dial Tone"
Fernandina Beach, Fl

Topic author
tex

Unread postby tex » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:16 pm

Projects like the dinghy davit, the roof rebuild, moving the generator from under the galley to a new hatch under the veranda, swim platform, radical stern door mods, salon windows, etc..., all these were either planned or underway when the boat was struck (or near struck) by lightning two years ago. All those projects were put back a year or more while I replaced everything 12 volt and most of the wiring to boot. We're finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel.

ka8uet
Has Liked: 161 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Unread postby ka8uet » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:07 pm

And this year you are on the relatively safer side of Florida, so far as lightning is concerned! So maybe you and the Admiral will finally get to cruise.

Topic author
tex

Unread postby tex » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:29 pm

ka8uet wrote:And this year you are on the relatively safer side of Florida, so far as lightning is concerned! So maybe you and the Admiral will finally get to cruise.

I'm trying to milk a dedicated date out of the Admiral now. Currently, the red tide has her staying at a hotel about 5 miles from the Sarasota Bay. No end in sight for that yet.

ka8uet

Unread postby ka8uet » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:40 pm

At least up here, the algal blooms get killed by the cold!

Topic author
tex

Unread postby tex » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:58 pm

Not so lucky here, Helen. Record heat for Oct. and Nov. keep it growing, and we're now in a rented house about 3 miles from the bloom. :roll:

Jaxfishgyd
Has Liked: 20 times
Been Liked: 81 times

Unread postby Jaxfishgyd » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:26 pm

Red Tide is nasty stuff......
Capt Charlie Freeman
43' Hatteras CPMY
M/V "No Dial Tone"
Fernandina Beach, Fl

ka8uet

Unread postby ka8uet » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:58 pm

Stay away from that nasty stuff so that you and Eva stay healthy. I guess the downside of being warm all year round is that the algae lasts all year.

Return to “Living Aboard”