Welcome to the Liveaboard Forum

We are a forum dedicated to Liveaboards worldwide to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of living aboard a boat. Whether you are currently a liveaboard or want to become one you find every thing you need at Life-Aboard.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Photos of your boat.

ImageA forum to discuss issues related to living aboard your boat here. This is the place for "doing it" rather than "planning to do it".

Topic author
tex
Has Liked: 19 times
Been Liked: 207 times

Photos of your boat.

Unread postby tex » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:48 pm

I'm always wondering about what kind of personality goes with what kind of boat. We don't see many people's boats here on the Forum without a category for it, and not too many of us show photos of our projects either. Haven't you wondered what Durian's project sailboat looks like after these years of working on it. Sure would love to see photos of your boat if you'd like to offer them, that is, unless you are ashamed!! :D
When life is hard, eat marshmallows!

scallywag
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 66 times

Re: Photos of your boat.

Unread postby scallywag » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:04 pm

I have to learn to resize my photos so they will fit. With a computer that likes to attract viruses, that is software I haven't obtained. Had it on the other computer before visus did it in.

bobbymo
Your Vessel Info: 1989 Viking ACMY 44 ft
Twin DD 671TIB engines.
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 12 times

Unread postby bobbymo » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:31 pm

M/V CERTIFIABLE
from the water 1.jpg
from the water 3.jpg
Bobby Mo
M/V "Certifiable"
44 Viking
Jacksonville, FL

Robin
Your Vessel Info: We live on a 40ft 1986 Birchwood TS37 which has been updated twin 260hp Yanmar diesels. Semi displacement shallow keel, 15kts cruise, 20kts WOT.
Has Liked: 159 times
Been Liked: 64 times

Unread postby Robin » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:14 pm

I thought I had replied but obviously screwed up somewhere. What I thought I had said was I lost the knack of posting pics some time bag and when I tried uploading some here nothing happened.

I think I need an idiot's guide, I can provide the idiot (me) can someone please supply a simple 'how to' guide?? Maybe my pics are too big or in the wrong place
Mark my words, it will be dark again by nightfall :)

LA_Admin
Site Admin
Has Liked: 112 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Unread postby LA_Admin » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:51 am

Robin wrote:I thought I had replied but obviously screwed up somewhere. What I thought I had said was I lost the knack of posting pics some time bag and when I tried uploading some here nothing happened.

I think I need an idiot's guide, I can provide the idiot (me) can someone please supply a simple 'how to' guide?? Maybe my pics are too big or in the wrong place

I plan on doing a major forum update in the very near future that will make adding attachments MUCH easier.

Robin
Your Vessel Info: We live on a 40ft 1986 Birchwood TS37 which has been updated twin 260hp Yanmar diesels. Semi displacement shallow keel, 15kts cruise, 20kts WOT.

Unread postby Robin » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:24 pm

THanks, much appreciated.

RTB
Your Vessel Info: 1982 Hunter 36 (Cherubini)
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 69 times

Unread postby RTB » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:18 pm

Not embarrassed, but have some boat envy looking at Bobby Mo's "Certifiable".....nice!

"Fugue" is our 36' Hunter. We get asked about the name a lot - so here is one definition - a state or period of loss of awareness of one's identity, often coupled with flight from one's usual environment.

She's our home, and takes us where we want to go.

fugue at warderick wells.jpg

Fugue at Telemar Bay 2.jpg

We just finished our bottom job. We're heading back to the Bahamas from Texas. After that, I'm making some free beer signs, and looking for Jax in Fernandina! We'll be looking for you other guys as well.

finished.jpg

Ralph
But Why's the Rum Gone?

1982 (Cherubini)Hunter 36
s/v FUGUE

RTB

Unread postby RTB » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:02 pm

Robin wrote:

It's not too difficult if you have photos on your computer. Go down and click on "upload attachment". Click on "browse" in the new window that pops up. Double-click the photo you want, and click "add the file". Wait for it to upload. Place the curser where you want to put the photo, and click "place inline". Easy Peasy. Hit submit. It seems like this program automatically re-sizes, so you shouldn't have a problem with size. You can click on the attachment to enlarge, FYI.

Weird boat on ICW.jpg
But Why's the Rum Gone?

s/v FUGUE

Topic author
tex

Unread postby tex » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:32 pm

Mo: I never saw a 44 Viking from that perspective before. That boat really has nice lines. The rear enclosure looks really high quality. That's a lot of room for a single guy!

Ralph....great job on the Hunter. She looks really clean. I had one one parked next to me while on the hard over in Indiantown and I got plenty of time to study the vessel. Really nice vessel, even though this one had overdone the davit system....I mean there was a spaghetti mess of aluminum tubing.

Robin

Unread postby Robin » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:52 pm

OK First try, this is Roxanne in her slip and some poor pics ( reminder to self, if it ever stops raining, take some more pics and this timeuse a proper camera not a dumbphone) thanks Tex, easy when you know how, all i need do now is organise my pic files so can find them!

2014-01-24 16.21.40.jpg
Attachments
PICT0052.JPG

RTB

Unread postby RTB » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:26 pm

Nice enclosure, Robin!

Now, where is Durian?

Ralph
But Why's the Rum Gone?

s/v FUGUE

Robin

Unread postby Robin » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:01 pm

RTB wrote:Nice enclosure, Robin!

Now, where is Durian?

Ralph

THanks, I actually took some more pics on my dumbphone today as the rain stopped but I can't get a decent view unless we go out of the slip or our neighbours go out to play so that I can step far enough away. Even in cloudy conditions today ! still cannot see my phone screen well enough to frame a good picture, I forgot to take my proper camera with me yet again. Not to mention when I downloaded the pics from the phone they have vanished into yet another black hole decided by win 8 and not even with consultation with me. :x

Topic author
tex

Unread postby tex » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:50 pm

In the first year of the Forum, I complained about the constant message about my photos being too large, but now the software seems to resize automatically. Still, I'd like to see the regular formatted photo at least 50% larger than now. It's hard to make out some of the photos without clicking on them to enlarge. I sure miss Captain Force's photos while cruising. They really inspired others to do the same.

LA_Admin
Site Admin
Has Liked: 112 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Unread postby LA_Admin » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:12 am

tex wrote:In the first year of the Forum, I complained about the constant message about my photos being too large, but now the software seems to resize automatically. Still, I'd like to see the regular formatted photo at least 50% larger than now. It's hard to make out some of the photos without clicking on them to enlarge. I sure miss Captain Force's photos while cruising. They really inspired others to do the same.

Changes are coming :)

bobbymo
Your Vessel Info: 1989 Viking ACMY 44 ft
Twin DD 671TIB engines.
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 12 times

Unread postby bobbymo » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:12 pm

RTB; I had not seen that name for some time but instantly remembered it as a tem used in music; in a way likely applicable to your boat. Loosely defined as part of a musical composition consisting of two or more different themes, or voices, which although separate in their own, eventually combine or merge back together for the finale............ I like your definition too and the name.

Thanks for the compliment, Tex. I was very lucky to fall in with a highly skilled, family owned, professional canvas company right across the street from where I took ownership of the boat. They also completely rebuilt and reupholstered my (used to be a hide-a-bed) couch (setee?) that had been a victim pf mold and previous poor-quality rebuilds. They have "earned their salt" in my opinion :lol:

I have not had too much difficulty posting photos, now that I have changed the settings on my camera to "VGA" I can't really tell you why; but this trick DID work and I can usually add any photo from my flash card to this forum. I only had difficulty with the avatar which TEX fixed for me.......... :)
Attachments
redone couches.JPG
Bobby Mo
M/V "Certifiable"
44 Viking
Jacksonville, FL

Return to “Living Aboard”