Welcome to the Liveaboard Forum

We are a forum dedicated to Liveaboards worldwide to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of living aboard a boat. Whether you are currently a liveaboard or want to become one you find every thing you need at Life-Aboard.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

We Need to Talk!

ImageA forum to discuss issues related to living aboard your boat here. This is the place for "doing it" rather than "planning to do it".

Topic author
CaptForce
Your Vessel Info: Morgan Out Island 41
Location: Lived Aboard 45 Years,- now on a chair in my walk-in closet!
Has Liked: 14 times
Been Liked: 132 times

We Need to Talk!

Unread postby CaptForce » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:40 pm

Every day I look for new posts here on "Life-Aboard", expecting to hear the latest news from my friends and usually it's nothing! What's "UP"? Is everyone huddled in their warm cabins lamenting the loss of commitment to their New Year's resolutions?

I'm still trying to finish my boarding ladder, ...ruining drill bits on my attempts at drilling stainless.
I'm waiting for the key way to be machined in my new prop in order to finish that project.
I'm defrosting my freezer tomorrow!
I'm not cruising anywhere! ....maybe this is my problem. I've been in the same place for two months and it's cold. 'sorry for this comment for those north of Florida, but we're pansies down here when it's under 50*F in the daytime.

How about a non-alcoholic online version of the "Yeah---Boo" drinking game? "Yeah/Boo...Yeah/Boo,- What'cha going to do? First you holler Yeah,- Then you holler Boo!

I'll start!
There's free unlimited space available at the floating docks at Flemming Island Marina, Orange Park, Florida..... Yeah!
The Fleming Island Marina floating docks are now found ashore on dry land.............. Boo!

'your turn!
Take care and joy, Aythya crew

Robin
Your Vessel Info: We live on a 40ft 1986 Birchwood TS37 which has been updated twin 260hp Yanmar diesels. Semi displacement shallow keel, 15kts cruise, 20kts WOT.
Has Liked: 159 times
Been Liked: 64 times

Re: We Need to Talk!

Unread postby Robin » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:33 am

Cold? I'm still in shorts and sleeveless mode! looks like a wet and windy day today mind, might have to hunt out a jacket. :o
Mark my words, it will be dark again by nightfall :)

Topic author
CaptForce

Unread postby CaptForce » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:08 am

Short shorts and sleeveless apparel is on display in Daytona Beach. ...... Yeah!
Robin is the model. .... Boo!

There is a format to follow that matches the drinking game. 'no need to imbibe at every post, but follow your turn in the round.

My starboard portlights are not leaking during this morning's torrential rain. ......... Yeah!
So, now I have no idea where all these drips are coming from. ....... Boo!

scallywag
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 65 times

Unread postby scallywag » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:18 pm

I am not aware of the Drinking Game. Rules please. Yes, I drink but am not aware of the game. I was accused of pumping diesel into the canal. I do not have any diesel in the bilge. I did notice oil on the oil pan. Have to find out where it is coming from. Water has a smell. Did my hot water heater spring a heating link with the engine? Something else to investigate. My Honda generator was returned from my son. Thinking about a mooring in Salt Run. A boat lost its generator from a thief. Sailboat broke free from a mooring off the fort and hit the bridge. Have to find out if it was the mooring or the boat owners fault. Really like free in Orange Park. What about a meet and greet with the members? I think Jax would be a good spot for Fernandina and Daytona. What do you think before you take off.

John

Jaxfishgyd
Has Liked: 20 times
Been Liked: 81 times

Unread postby Jaxfishgyd » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:18 pm

Flemming Island..... No traffic on US 17.... as in stop N go traffic.. Mostly STOP..... ...
and 'drinking games"with out booze?????
Capt Charlie Freeman
43' Hatteras CPMY
M/V "No Dial Tone"
Fernandina Beach, Fl

Robin
Your Vessel Info: We live on a 40ft 1986 Birchwood TS37 which has been updated twin 260hp Yanmar diesels. Semi displacement shallow keel, 15kts cruise, 20kts WOT.

Unread postby Robin » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:14 pm

CaptForce wrote:
> Short shorts and sleeveless apparel is on display in Daytona Beach. ...... Yeah!<br
> abp="504">Robin is the model. .... Boo!<br abp="505"><br abp="506">There is a format
> to follow that matches the drinking game. 'no need to imbibe at every post, but
> follow your turn in the round.<br abp="507"><br abp="508">My starboard portlights
> are not leaking during this morning's torrential rain. ......... Yeah!<br abp="509">So,
> now I have no idea where all these drips are coming from. ....... Boo!

JUst bchecked ours and we only had one drip get past this time with the new portlight eyebrows we fitted, yeah!. Recently we had some water get on the owner's cabin bunk upholstery where the boat cleaner twits had put a hose onto a dorade vent and it overcame the internal chicane that is supposed to stop water getting below whils tonly allowing air to pass, boo.

Topic author
CaptForce

Unread postby CaptForce » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:01 pm

Well, you guys are rebels and unwilling to recognize the format and meter of the game...... Yeah!
It's no surprise, but drinking games don'e seem to work on line! ..... Boo!

Robin

Unread postby Robin » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:46 pm

I surrender!

Topic author
CaptForce

Unread postby CaptForce » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:32 am

.....'but it is good to hear from you guys! It seems like this forum was "dead" for a few weeks.

scallywag

Unread postby scallywag » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:55 am

A number of participants that rile up the forum have been quiet Didn't you and Nanci travel? Capt Charlie hasn't held up anyone lately requesting beer. All I have heard from down south is about red tide. Robin is still trying to get fixed things that break and are not used. I know how that is. I have to find out why my 110v circuit is not working. Why the water smells horrible and where Mr. Rat is hiding. I think Mr. Rat moved on but I am not sure. Of course Ralph and Beverly are living it up in Key West. The last picture I saw of Beverly, showed her at an outdoor eatery living the good life. I spent 4 hours on Thursday with a County Commission trying to resolve community problems.
John

Robin

Unread postby Robin » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:07 pm

Smelly water is the same cause as smelly heads, a microorgasm :o that punches hard for it's weight :lol: Our 110v circuit failed yesterday when vacuum cleaning the polystyrene foam crumbs from the fridge/freezer after I tried putting in a divider cut from a bit of old packaging. Turned out just a poor connection between the new style main cord and an older style 'Y' splitter to the two 30A input sockets on the stern We only have one cord connected in our home slip as hereabouts they charge by the number and size of cords connected not the leccy actually used and right now we routinely only run the charger 24/7 all else is intermittent and will run on the one 30A if we watch what is on. Otherwise we are pretty well fixed ( fingers crossed) although the fresh water filter needs a new carbon element installing that arrived just yesterday.

Topic author
CaptForce

Unread postby CaptForce » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:56 pm

scallywag wrote:
.................. Didn't you and Nanci travel? ...................

We arrived from the Chesapeake back in early November. Our only move since then has been from one marina on the Ortega River in Jacksonville to another one that was only a 300 yd trip!

scallywag

Unread postby scallywag » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:39 pm

I thought you wrote that you were going to visit family that did not live in Jacksonville. The mind plays tricks. Checked the bilge for water from the rain. A lot. I have spent to much time in the home bathrooms painting. After these next cold days, I will go back on board to clean. No sign of Mr. Rat. I rather be playing on the boat. Touching cold metal is not fun. :shock:

Topic author
CaptForce

Unread postby CaptForce » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:25 am

scallywag wrote:
> I thought you wrote that you were going to visit family that did not live in Jacksonville.
> The mind plays tricks.......................

Oh yeah, Some how I discount the driving about on land. We did rent a car and drive up to North Carolina for a week to ten days. We do other stuff, but for some reason I only think of travel as cruising on the water.

scallywag

Unread postby scallywag » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:20 pm

I do not like driving either. When I sailed from Linden Ave. in Philadelphia to Sea Isle, N.J, the ICW from Cape May to Sea Isle looked like I95. Of course, no one stayed to the right. It was ridiculous. I95 was desolate in the late 1970's. Now I95 reminds me of the ICW in New Jersey. I would rather be on the water around St. Augustine during the weekdays. The weekends are too busy. :x

Return to “Living Aboard”