Welcome to the Liveaboard Forum

We are a forum dedicated to Liveaboards worldwide to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of living aboard a boat. Whether you are currently a liveaboard or want to become one you find every thing you need at Life-Aboard.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

No Comments?

ImageA forum to discuss issues related to living aboard your boat here. This is the place for "doing it" rather than "planning to do it".

Topic author
CaptForce
Your Vessel Info: Morgan Out Island 41
Location: Lived Aboard 45 Years,- now on a chair in my walk-in closet!
Has Liked: 14 times
Been Liked: 132 times

No Comments?

Unread postby CaptForce » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:02 am

Although Nancie and I have sold our boat and "swallowed the anchor", I've continued to comment and keep track of my liveaboard friends, but I no longer see any activity on this site. Is this just a temporary lack of news? What's happening out there on the water?
Take care and joy, Aythya crew

Jaxfishgyd
Has Liked: 20 times
Been Liked: 81 times

Re: No Comments?

Unread postby Jaxfishgyd » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:57 am

I'M BACK...….. haven't been on this site in forever but now have it on my list again...
Capt Charlie Freeman
43' Hatteras CPMY
M/V "No Dial Tone"
Fernandina Beach, Fl

scallywag
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 66 times

Unread postby scallywag » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:53 am

I am around and read the posts but have not replied. I am busy repairing damage to the residence from Matthew and Irma. I am finishing up the guest bathroom. I have a hall, closet, spare bedroom, and master bedroom to repair. The I am permitted to work on my floating dock that was destroyed and Scallywag. Scallywag has been neglected due to the work in the residence. When I moved to this location, it took me a day to cut my lawn. Now it takes 3 days. I still read and wish I was doing it and not read about it.

John

RTB
Your Vessel Info: 1982 Hunter 36 (Cherubini)
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 69 times

Unread postby RTB » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:00 pm

I'm still here, but tied up in a slip here in Georgia. Really not much to report. Happy that it has been a quiet hurricane season for us. The poor Abacos took a beating, and we have made 2 donations hoping to help someone there in a small way.

We are enjoying marina life, but would like to get moving again. Unfortunately, age is catching up to us. I need to have cataract surgury, and my wife needs a hip replacement.

I sure don't know what the future holds for us. We will deal with the medical needs for now and see where we go from there. For now, still enjoy sundowners in the cockpit regularly. It is beginning to cool off, so maybe I will catch up on the ongoing list of projects. We would like to make at least one more run down to the Exumas. Time will tell.
But Why's the Rum Gone?

1982 (Cherubini)Hunter 36
s/v FUGUE

Topic author
CaptForce

Unread postby CaptForce » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:59 am

My cataract surgury was a Disney World ride! ...an exciting success and I was reading the restaurant menu that night without glasses! Nancie's hip replacement was just as successful, but it didn't allow her to return to the agility that would allow her to be safe on a deck at sea or even be able to easily move on and off the boat at a dock. We're all on the clock,- enjoy all your times!

RTB
Your Vessel Info: 1982 Hunter 36 (Cherubini)
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 69 times

Unread postby RTB » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:06 pm

Did Nancy have her hip done in Florida? Looking for recommendations. I know we will need to move off the boat for that, but was hoping to move back aboard after time?
But Why's the Rum Gone?

1982 (Cherubini)Hunter 36
s/v FUGUE

Topic author
CaptForce

Unread postby CaptForce » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:09 am

We were pleased with SE Orthopedics (2627 Riverside Ave. #300 - next to St. Vincent's Hospital) for Nancie's hip replacement as well as a meniscus tear repair for me a few years earlier. I would add that Nancie also has post-polio syndrome. If she had had the hip replacement only, we would have easily remained on the boat.

scallywag
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 66 times

Unread postby scallywag » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:10 pm

okay, cataract surgery for both of us in the near future. I am still bouncing off of walls, so the Admiral is not hip on Scallywag. I found out I need to stay away from the water. No more swimming in pools, rivers, or the ocean. Body sores can be easily infected. Booked a big ship cruise in December. Returning to the same old ports but love walking around.

Dot and John

tex
Has Liked: 19 times
Been Liked: 207 times

Unread postby tex » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:01 pm

Not quite retiring to fuddy-duddydom quite yet. Plan is to cruise a week or so this fall/winter before heading up east coast in Spring, perhaps the loop if the Admiral can stand me that long. Still doing projects. We’ll be selling our remaining dirt residence and living aboard till we find a place without Hurricanes and Red Tide, which by-the-way, has just now reappeared in both Ft. Myers and Clearwater areas. :shock: Here we go! :roll:
When life is hard, eat marshmallows!

Return to “Living Aboard”