Welcome to the Liveaboard Forum

We are a forum dedicated to Liveaboards worldwide to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of living aboard a boat. Whether you are currently a liveaboard or want to become one you find every thing you need at Life-Aboard.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Budgeting for a trip :)

Questions and answers about financing the dream, budgets, insurance, investments, taxes, and all things money related.

Topic author
Boatbound

Budgeting for a trip :)

Unread postby Boatbound » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:33 am

I don't know if anyone else has ever seen this but I thought I'd share. Great tool for budgeting your trips :)
http://www.boatbookings.com/yachting_content/map_distances.php

CaptForce
Your Vessel Info: Morgan Out Island 41
Location: Lived Aboard 45 Years,- now on a chair in my walk-in closet!
Has Liked: 14 times
Been Liked: 132 times

Re: Budgeting for a trip :)

Unread postby CaptForce » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:43 pm

I came up with an atrociously high cost wrong answer when I tried this site. When the program asks you to enter the unit price for fuel you need to enter the cost per liter. This will allow you to get the correct answer. Of course most people know the cost per hour of cruising their vessels, but the program does provide a simple milage total. 'not very significant for those fo us that move good distances by sailing and with a great influence by wind and current,- still a fun site to play with!
Take care and joy, Aythya crew

scallywag
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 66 times

Unread postby scallywag » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:20 pm

One of the wizard's on this site said, one day under power for a s/v vessel is the same as one day in a marina. I found that a good rule for Scallywag. Now if we power and anchor, we save money. If we power and stay at a marina, the cost doubles.

Dot and John

Jaxfishgyd
Has Liked: 20 times
Been Liked: 81 times

Unread postby Jaxfishgyd » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:51 pm

I use miles per can of beer........ Usually pretty close to accurate in my case... :roll:
Capt Charlie Freeman
43' Hatteras CPMY
M/V "No Dial Tone"
Fernandina Beach, Fl

Return to “All Things Money For Liveaboards”