Welcome to the Liveaboard Forum

We are a forum dedicated to Liveaboards worldwide to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of living aboard a boat. Whether you are currently a liveaboard or want to become one you find every thing you need at Life-Aboard.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

marinate in a bag

Recipes, advice, appliances and more. Just because you might have a small galley doesn't mean you can't cook big!

Topic author
Jaxfishgyd
Has Liked: 20 times
Been Liked: 87 times

marinate in a bag

Unread postby Jaxfishgyd » Mon May 12, 2014 2:25 pm

I have used the Lea & Perrin and Jack Daniels "marinate in a bag" several times in the past few months and they are surprising good...
Now, this isn't to replace any long time family recipe or high class marinate...But... I get them at Publix for under $4 a bag and have been very impressed on how good they are... And they store easily....
It says to marinate for 30 mins... I buy cheap top round London broil meat, let it sit all 'happy' for 4-6 hrs then cook it on the boat grill "low and slow" in indirect heat for 60-90 mins (depending on the size of the meat)...
Surprising how good it comes out.... Today I did a 5lb hunk, it will feed us for a week of normal dinner meals.... on a salad, on rice, or what ever you want....
They also have bags for chicken and fish, but haven't tried any of them yet...
Capt Charlie Freeman
43' Hatteras CPMY
M/V "No Dial Tone"
Fernandina Beach, Fl

scallywag
Has Liked: 27 times
Been Liked: 70 times

Re: marinate in a bag

Unread postby scallywag » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:30 pm

We are using Hooter's Breading and Hot Sauce on chicken legs today on the grill. Of course, it is raining. Hopefully, they will be as good as Hooter"s wings. Thanks for your tip.

Dot and John

Return to “Cooking Aboard”