Welcome to the Liveaboard Forum

We are a forum dedicated to Liveaboards worldwide to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of living aboard a boat. Whether you are currently a liveaboard or want to become one you find every thing you need at Life-Aboard.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

FRESH FISH Dinner

Recipes, advice, appliances and more. Just because you might have a small galley doesn't mean you can't cook big!

Robin
Your Vessel Info: We live on a 40ft 1986 Birchwood TS37 which has been updated twin 260hp Yanmar diesels. Semi displacement shallow keel, 15kts cruise, 20kts WOT.
Has Liked: 183 times
Been Liked: 69 times

Re: FRESH FISH Dinner

Unread postby Robin » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:36 pm

if we are free and not off boating ourselves we can even pick you up and drive you there. We live overlooking the ditch just north of Seabreeze bridge rough position 29. 14.1 N/ 081.01.3W which is a popular overnight anchorage for those wanting to be the right side of the Main Street drawbridge ready for the next crack of dawn start especially if north bound Our boat is in Halifax Harbor Marina a mile south on the city side of the waterway which is a good stopover too, just 10 minutes away from our dirt home, with plenty of visitor slips usually plus all the usual facilities including fuel. West Marine used to be at the marina but for some reason best known to their bean counters moved to a new superstore about 10 minutes drive west on West International Speedway BLVD

http://www.theblacksheep.co/Menu.html is the pub website and it has 36 beers on tap today it said, many claiming to be British or Irish, although I'm not permitted to sample them these days after my stroke 2 years ago (Admiral's rules), but their coffee is good, the waitresses pretty and they carry some non alcohol beer too that I have been known to try. The lunch specials from 11am to 4pm daily are unbeatable for just $5.95 inc soda/coffees and they even have fish 'n chips on that menu with one piece of fish instead of the two on their regular $9.95 dinner menu but which luckily was special offer today for just $7.95 :D
Mark my words, it will be dark again by nightfall :)

CaptForce
Your Vessel Info: Morgan Out Island 41
Location: Lived Aboard 45 Years,- now on a chair in my walk-in closet!
Has Liked: 20 times
Been Liked: 149 times

Unread postby CaptForce » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:34 pm

Ralph, Don't pass on this invite from Robin and Theresa. They took us on a provisioning and dining tour last year that was exceptional!
Take care and joy, Aythya crew

RTB
Your Vessel Info: 1982 Hunter 36 (Cherubini)
Has Liked: 165 times
Been Liked: 71 times

Unread postby RTB » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:41 am

Robin- Thank you for the offer. We hope to take you up on it in the near future. The menu and prices look great at The Black Sheep.

You really meet so many nice people when you're out cruising. I haven't counted the number of boat cards we have aboard. Add to that these forums, and there are people to meet almost everywhere along the coast.

Ralph
But Why's the Rum Gone?

1982 (Cherubini)Hunter 36
s/v FUGUE

Robin
Your Vessel Info: We live on a 40ft 1986 Birchwood TS37 which has been updated twin 260hp Yanmar diesels. Semi displacement shallow keel, 15kts cruise, 20kts WOT.
Has Liked: 183 times
Been Liked: 69 times

Unread postby Robin » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:18 am

Halifax Harbor Marina info is here:-http://www.halifaxharbormarina.com/ PM Me for our contact numbers if/when in the area. :)
Mark my words, it will be dark again by nightfall :)

RTB
Your Vessel Info: 1982 Hunter 36 (Cherubini)
Has Liked: 165 times
Been Liked: 71 times

Unread postby RTB » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:51 pm

Thanks Robin. Will do!

Ralph
But Why's the Rum Gone?

1982 (Cherubini)Hunter 36
s/v FUGUE

ka8uet
Has Liked: 161 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Unread postby ka8uet » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:05 pm

I still think the best way to get a good fish dinner is to catch in the morning, clean and cook as soon as one returns ashore or to dock!

Return to “Cooking Aboard”