Welcome to the Liveaboard Forum

We are a forum dedicated to Liveaboards worldwide to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of living aboard a boat. Whether you are currently a liveaboard or want to become one you find every thing you need at Life-Aboard.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Designer Galley Mitts

Recipes, advice, appliances and more. Just because you might have a small galley doesn't mean you can't cook big!

Topic author
bobbymo
Your Vessel Info: 1989 Viking ACMY 44 ft
Twin DD 671TIB engines.
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 12 times

Designer Galley Mitts

Unread postby bobbymo » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:20 am

Now that my galley is all happy with it's lighting "upgrade" I figured that it's time to keep it going. I have added my new, designer, custom galley mitts for handling hot food dishes.........

And, there'e the added bonus of being able to handle the occasional high voltage dock wire too......... :shock:

While there is something lost in the "dexterity" category, the lack of burning fingers is a welcome confidence.......
Attachments
PB170518.JPG
Bobby Mo
M/V "Certifiable"
44 Viking
Jacksonville, FL

tex
Has Liked: 23 times
Been Liked: 221 times

Re: Designer Galley Mitts

Unread postby tex » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:37 pm

Right. Welding gloves for hot mitts. I guess that would work, but the dexterity challenge, as you noted, would be particularly noticeable when peeling hard-boiled eggs.
When life is hard, eat marshmallows!

skipper68

Unread postby skipper68 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:44 am

Scroll past the FF article- I am making Muffin Lasagna and others. Great recipes! Book mark it!! http://www.zergnet.com/news/256993/14-f ... ever-order
:lol: Who is this "Moderation" everyone keeps telling me to drink with?!? :roll:

scallywag
Has Liked: 27 times
Been Liked: 70 times

Unread postby scallywag » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:09 pm

The Ov Glove is fine until it becomes wet with steam, water, or oil.

Dot and John

Return to “Cooking Aboard”