Welcome to the Liveaboard Forum

We are a forum dedicated to Liveaboards worldwide to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of living aboard a boat. Whether you are currently a liveaboard or want to become one you find every thing you need at Life-Aboard.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

ribs on the boat BBQ

Recipes, advice, appliances and more. Just because you might have a small galley doesn't mean you can't cook big!

Topic author
Jaxfishgyd
Has Liked: 20 times
Been Liked: 87 times

ribs on the boat BBQ

Unread postby Jaxfishgyd » Sat May 14, 2016 9:04 pm

Have done ribs on the boat grill for years.... Sometimes the rub I use is a HIT... Other times it's a MISS....."one time they were so bad we just threw them overboard after two bites.. (NOW if I was to write down the rubs I used... sigh)... The UP part has always been.. the ribs themselves have come out properly cooked..... Did St Louis ribs last night and we BOTH enjoyed them!! And I even SAVED the recipe.....
1/4 cup of salt
1/4 cup of sugar (I use brown sugar)
1 tbs chili powder
2 tbs paprika
1 tbs cumin
1 tbs black pepper
1/2 tbs cyanne
1/2 tbs all spice
(I added a good amount of Goya seasoning too)
I coated the ribs and let them sit for an hour
As my grill has only one burner.... Put a tray with water on the bottom grate.... Put the ribs on the top rack
Used apple wood chips for smoke (only as that's what I had)
Slow cooked the ribs for two hrs..
Wrapped them in foil with a lot of "Caroline East" BBQ sauce (again, it's what I had on board) and put them back in the bbq for an hour.
then took them out of the foil and left them on one more hour...
My admiral prefers dry ribs (therefor, I do too
wink emoticon
)
Is this the best recipe for ribs.. Heck no... But least I know have a recipe I'll use again... and again
Capt Charlie Freeman
43' Hatteras CPMY
M/V "No Dial Tone"
Fernandina Beach, Fl

RTB
Your Vessel Info: 1982 Hunter 36 (Cherubini)
Has Liked: 165 times
Been Liked: 71 times

Re: ribs on the boat BBQ

Unread postby RTB » Mon May 16, 2016 10:55 am

Yum! If you have leftovers, you can send some up to Brunswick Landing Marina! s/v Fugue. Dock 5 P. :mrgreen:

Ralph
But Why's the Rum Gone?

1982 (Cherubini)Hunter 36
s/v FUGUE

Return to “Cooking Aboard”