Welcome to the Liveaboard Forum

We are a forum dedicated to Liveaboards worldwide to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of living aboard a boat. Whether you are currently a liveaboard or want to become one you find every thing you need at Life-Aboard.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Low carb diet

Recipes, advice, appliances and more. Just because you might have a small galley doesn't mean you can't cook big!

Topic author
tex
Has Liked: 23 times
Been Liked: 221 times

Low carb diet

Unread postby tex » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:44 pm

The Admiral and I started a no carb diet this week which, while promoting low carb foods, is full of fat of all kinds to keep you feeling full. It began with a chicken and heavy sauce that had us both sick as dogs from too much fat. The sauce had butter on top of oily pesto that was just too much. A friend of ours (sail catamaran) had some esophagus issues and was encouraged to do this diet.....not a fat guy at all but lost 15 lbs. in two weeks and was never hungry or even had any craves. Well no wonder, if you're going to be sick to your stomach.

Anyway, we're back on track now but are only using near zero carb foods with our own fat level regulation. Not bad....the Admiral is down 4 lbs. and me 5 in the first 5 days. You can eat as much as you want of no carb stuff and even though our bodies are rocking and rolling from the changes in diet, no cravings! There's even a couple of permitted low carb beers out there for guys that can't give it up totally. I'll stay in touch.
When life is hard, eat marshmallows!

scallywag
Has Liked: 27 times
Been Liked: 70 times

Re: Low carb diet

Unread postby scallywag » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:14 pm

Is all that fat good for the gall bladder? How about the triglycerides? I am to keep the carbs low because of sugar issues. Love pasta. Red sauce causes acid reflux. What about the fasting diet? :roll: That is where you eat only 4 days a week or something like that.

Return to “Cooking Aboard”