Welcome to the Liveaboard Forum

We are a forum dedicated to Liveaboards worldwide to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of living aboard a boat. Whether you are currently a liveaboard or want to become one you find every thing you need at Life-Aboard.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Covid 19

This forum is for any discussions not related to living aboard a boat. The standard forum rules apply, so lets not get crazy :)

Topic author
scallywag
Has Liked: 27 times
Been Liked: 70 times

Covid 19

Unread postby scallywag » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:44 pm

Well we both tested positive. Our son visited with his family and the visited family and friends. A family member works for Mayo in Jax and she tested positive after my son left. So be careful. Who wears masks with family. We have mild symptoms. Will be tested again next week. :)

Dot and John

CaptForce
Your Vessel Info: Morgan Out Island 41
Location: Lived Aboard 45 Years,- now on a chair in my walk-in closet!
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 147 times

Re: Covid 19

Unread postby CaptForce » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:21 pm

scallywag wrote:Source of the post .....................
.............. Who wears masks with family. ................. Dot and John

We're sorry to hear about your positive covid test, but 'glad to hear that you are not suffering symptoms. I'm a little puzzled by the question, "who wears masks with family?" I understand those couples, like my wife and I, not wearing masks with each other, but when we have family members visit, we all wear masks. Our Son is living in a portion of our home and he has different outside experiences than us. We all wear masks when he passes by our rooms or shares space near us.

I do expect to eventually be exposed to covid 19, but I hope to delay that as time continues to improve health care prospects. We are older and with some conditions. Once again, it's good to hear that you guys are ok!
Take care and joy, Aythya crew

Topic author
scallywag
Has Liked: 27 times
Been Liked: 70 times

Unread postby scallywag » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:28 pm

We did not think a mask was required when my son and family visited. We had dinner at home twice. Symptoms are mild. Glad were were not hospitalized. I was hospitalized December 30, 2019. They tested for 44 viruses and I was negative. This was before covid 19. If I had it, I got it agaoin. Who knows.
Thanks for the well wishes.

Dot and John

tex
Has Liked: 23 times
Been Liked: 216 times

Unread postby tex » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:48 am

Also glad your symptoms are mild, but you sure could have done without the challenge. The Admiral and I are pretty isolated on this privileged island, but we’ve also got the boat standing by if the red tide chases us out of here this year.

So far-so good, but like Capn. Force says, eventual exposure will be tough to avoid if this goes on. In spite of the increasing number of cases here in FL, I don’t see a parallel level of caution. Stay safe guyz!
When life is hard, eat marshmallows!

Return to “The Dock Box”