Welcome to the Liveaboard Forum

We are a forum dedicated to Liveaboards worldwide to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of living aboard a boat. Whether you are currently a liveaboard or want to become one you find every thing you need at Life-Aboard.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Was told this marina was "liveaboard friendly"

ImageA forum to discuss issues related to living aboard your boat here. This is the place for "doing it" rather than "planning to do it".

Topic author
Jaxfishgyd
Has Liked: 20 times
Been Liked: 81 times

Was told this marina was "liveaboard friendly"

Unread postby Jaxfishgyd » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:42 pm

This is the email they sent me today.... Just the 'liveaboard fee" says they are not 'friendly"

Hi Charlie,
Thank you for your interest in Regatta Pointe Marina. I have attached to this email a summary of all the terrific amenities included in your slip fees.
Our slip fees are tiered according to the length of the lease and vessel. Longer term leases receive more favorable rates. As an example; a semi-annual lease for your 48’ boat would qualify for a rate of $13.50 per foot/month. There is an additional $165 per month live aboard fee and 6.5% sales tax.
We measure boats for dockage purposes from tip to tip, including bowsprits, davits, etc.
A monthly price break down for your vessel with a annual lease is as follows: 48 ft. x $13.50: $648.00 Live Aboard Fee: $165.00 Sales Tax 6.5%: $ 52.85 Monthly Total: $865.85*
* Electricity is metered and billed monthly.
Capt Charlie Freeman
43' Hatteras CPMY
M/V "No Dial Tone"
Fernandina Beach, Fl

RTB
Your Vessel Info: 1982 Hunter 36 (Cherubini)
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 69 times

Re: Was told this marina was "liveaboard friendly"

Unread postby RTB » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:38 pm

It looks like a super nice place, Charlie. Isn't that pretty close to Tex? I do really like the west coast of Florida.

I wish we had a pool and hot tub. We spent a week last December at Marathon Marina (not municipal marina). Nice saltwater pool. Would have cost us a bit over $1000.00/month for a 36' sailboat.

I'm just too chicken to spend hurricane season in Florida myself, not that we've had an easy time of it this year in Georgia.

If you are looking for an inexpensive place to live, think about Texas! That's where I'm from. Two places I strongly recommend are Harbor Walk Marina http://www.harborwalk.com/amenities/marina/, and Cove Harbor marina http://coveharbormarinaanddrystack.com/. I spent several months at both places. Super inexpensive. Close access to fishing in the Gulf of Mexico. Harbor walk being the nicer and slightly more expensive, has by far the best amenities. Nice pool and hot tub, pool bar, restrooms/showers/laundry on each dock. Cove harbor, more like a fishing community with quaint Rockport nearby. You'll need transportation at either place since nothing is within walking distance. Low, low cost of living, nice people, and no state income tax like Florida. I was paying $250.00/month at Cove Harbor, and $340.00/month at HarborWalk. Both had nice floating docks. You could even get a covered slip at Cove Harbor. I have friends there, and know the Harbormaster.

Ralph
Last edited by RTB on Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
But Why's the Rum Gone?

1982 (Cherubini)Hunter 36
s/v FUGUE

CaptForce
Your Vessel Info: Morgan Out Island 41
Location: Lived Aboard 45 Years,- now on a chair in my walk-in closet!
Has Liked: 14 times
Been Liked: 132 times

Unread postby CaptForce » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:53 pm

I'm constantly trying to adapt to inflation. I still remember daily rates of ten or fifteen cents per foot and monthly rates at $50 to $80. It doesn't seem that long ago that $2/ft for a daily rate was outrageous and I was adapting to $400 to $500 per month for a liveaboard slip. Now I'm just over $600/ month and here there's talk of $1,000/month. Was it Sam Cooke that sang, "You'd better shop around"?
Take care and joy, Aythya crew

tex
Has Liked: 19 times
Been Liked: 207 times

Unread postby tex » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:39 pm

Dang, Charlie! You'd probably get that rate here at Longboat Moorings Marina, plus, you'd have your old pal Holly as a neighbor! :D
When life is hard, eat marshmallows!

Topic author
Jaxfishgyd
Has Liked: 20 times
Been Liked: 81 times

Unread postby Jaxfishgyd » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:46 pm

Tex, your side of the state is always battling the Red Tide..... "Don't make me call your wife"......
And Holly is...... well..... Holly
Capt Charlie Freeman
43' Hatteras CPMY
M/V "No Dial Tone"
Fernandina Beach, Fl

Return to “Living Aboard”