Welcome to the Liveaboard Forum

We are a forum dedicated to Liveaboards worldwide to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of living aboard a boat. Whether you are currently a liveaboard or want to become one you find every thing you need at Life-Aboard.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Making Plans to Live Aboard a Sailboat

Learn how others did it. Ask advice on all issues related to making the move onto a boat.

scallywag
Has Liked: 26 times
Been Liked: 68 times

Re: Making Plans to Live Aboard a Sailboat

Unread postby scallywag » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:59 pm

We are still downsizing. I can not believe how much we had to had is now in the trash. Well at least our children would have put it there.

John :lol:

tex
Has Liked: 21 times
Been Liked: 207 times

Unread postby tex » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:45 pm

We have so much stuff that my Admiral (the owner of the stuff) has abandoned any plans to deal with it. Since getting rid of the stuff was an integral part of our cruising plan, the new cruising plan must no longer include it. It appears that our stuff will now outlast us.
When life is hard, eat marshmallows!

janice142
Your Vessel Info: Schucker23
Has Liked: 28 times
Been Liked: 49 times

Unread postby janice142 » Mon May 20, 2019 8:24 am

ka8uet wrote:Source of the post One other thing. At 27, your health is probably pretty good. If you have insurance through your job, be sure to check your coverage area. Remember, accidents can happen. Even if you are healthy, it is possible to break a major bone or get a concussion. Think getting whacked by the boom. Also, get a THROUGH dental check and have any needed work done. DItto for medical checkup. Good luck, and enjoy!! It's a great life!

Broken bones happen. I broke an arm and it has not been fun!

I wonder too if Lauren might give us an update on her status. I know that EVERYTHING takes longer when water is involved. I was supposed to be far south of here, and instead I'm dock bound waiting for my arm to heal. And too I know all boat projects take (minimum) three times as long and and loads more cash than anticipated.

That's life. So how are you Lauren?!? I'm hoping you're making progress on your dreams.
J.

Article on the arm fiasco: http://janice142.comArticles/BrokenArmLessons.html
Janice aboard Seaweed
Trawler cruising on a nickel budget
http://janice142.com

Return to “Making The Break From Land”