Welcome to the Liveaboard Forum

We are a forum dedicated to Liveaboards worldwide to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of living aboard a boat. Whether you are currently a liveaboard or want to become one you find every thing you need at Life-Aboard.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Advice

Stop in and say hi! Let us know a little bit about you.

Topic author
Skipjack1979
Your Vessel Info: We don't have one yet.

Advice

Unread postby Skipjack1979 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:02 am

Hi all, my partner and I are currently renting a property ( house) and have been thinking more and more about buying a boat to live on. We have no idea where to start, can anyone point is in the right direction p!ease, I know there is a lot to learn. We are thinking of booking a boating holiday to firstly see what it's like if only for a week. Also can anyone recommend any books about the subject, Thank you all.

CaptForce
Your Vessel Info: Morgan Out Island 41
Location: Lived Aboard 45 Years,- now on a chair in my walk-in closet!
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 119 times

Re: Advice

Unread postby CaptForce » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:06 pm

There are many questions to be answered before you good expect sound advice.

Are you interested in cruising (travel by boat) or keeping the boat in one location? Are you remaining in an specific area or do you plan to move to a new area? Where would you plan on keeping the boat? Are you considering a houseboat, Power boat or sailboat? Are you motivated by a plan for adventure or for inexpensive housing?
Take care and joy, Aythya crew

tex
Has Liked: 15 times
Been Liked: 178 times

Unread postby tex » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:26 am

Great questions, CF. Wish I woulda asked myself all those when we were buyers for the first time.
When life is hard, eat marshmallows!

ka8uet
Has Liked: 156 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Unread postby ka8uet » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:55 am

I know what you mean, Tex.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”