Welcome to the Liveaboard Forum

We are a forum dedicated to Liveaboards worldwide to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of living aboard a boat. Whether you are currently a liveaboard or want to become one you find every thing you need at Life-Aboard.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Greetings from southwest Florida.

Stop in and say hi! Let us know a little bit about you.

Topic author
Erik Brush
Your Vessel Info: I am converting a 1984 Proline Walkabout 23 into a 23' houseboat. I've cut away the cabin, I've removed the gas tank (which will be replaced with a 50 gallon plastic water tank), and I'm working on laying down the under flooring base boards.

When I get done with the boat it will be the world's first electromagnetic powered houseboat. I will have a small solar and wind powered supplemental power bank. But the primary power will be generated with magnets, taking from one of Tesla's ideas. Additionally I'm a marine biologist so I'm very conscientious about noise in the water and the destructive power of props and fuel propulsion systems tearing up grass flats, cutting manatees (I'm in southwest Florida) and dolphins, etc. So my boat will be electromagnetically jet powered. Clean, quiet, efficient, with a protective cowling around the water intake.
Has Liked: 51 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Greetings from southwest Florida.

Unread postby Erik Brush » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:45 am

Hi everyone,

My name is Erik, and I am currently converting a 1984 23' Proline Walkabout Cuddy into a houseboat. When I complete the conversion it will be the world's first Electromagnetic powered houseboat. The propulsion will also be electromagnetic for a silent efficient waterjet system that does not disturb wildlife or harm dolphins, manatees, or cut up seagrass beds.

I've removed the cabin and gas tank. The tank will be replaced with a plastic water tank with baffles to reduce stress on the tank from moving water.

I will have a small solar and wind power bank for light loads or times when the magnetic generator is being serviced or lubricated. But the magnetic generator will be my primary power system. I borrowed this from Tesla. (The man, not the automobile company). ;)

I'm setting up water harvesting and filtration systems. The goal is to live at a marina for a while to get used to the lifestyle and reduce bills, but in time to live off the hook and use a small kayak to get to my vehicle and back.

Thanks for being here. I have been researching this for years and though I have a LOT to learn I'm eager to do so. I was in the Navy many years ago as a Submariner. But I work as a kayak nature guide and I'm a marine biologist as well. So I think that this lifestyle will be perfect for me.

All the best to all of you out there living the dream or moving in that direction. Cheers!

Erik.

tex
Has Liked: 19 times
Been Liked: 203 times

Re: Greetings from southwest Florida.

Unread postby tex » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:35 am

Welcome aboard. I’ve rarely heard such ambitious plans for a vessel of any kind. Best of luck in your ventures.
When life is hard, eat marshmallows!

Topic author
Erik Brush
Your Vessel Info: I am converting a 1984 Proline Walkabout 23 into a 23' houseboat. I've cut away the cabin, I've removed the gas tank (which will be replaced with a 50 gallon plastic water tank), and I'm working on laying down the under flooring base boards.

When I get done with the boat it will be the world's first electromagnetic powered houseboat. I will have a small solar and wind powered supplemental power bank. But the primary power will be generated with magnets, taking from one of Tesla's ideas. Additionally I'm a marine biologist so I'm very conscientious about noise in the water and the destructive power of props and fuel propulsion systems tearing up grass flats, cutting manatees (I'm in southwest Florida) and dolphins, etc. So my boat will be electromagnetically jet powered. Clean, quiet, efficient, with a protective cowling around the water intake.
Has Liked: 51 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Re: Greetings from southwest Florida.

Unread postby Erik Brush » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:57 am

Thank you!

I am on my way with the project. I will eventually post photos when the boat build is further along. I visited the area where members posted pics of their boats. Beautiful vessels!

Right now mine is a bit of a messy construction in progress. But when I'm done I will post photos. I'm probably going to airbrush my hull as well. I am originally an artist and have done a lot of media, especially wood burning/pyrography, colour pencil, and airbrushing. I used to teach this as well. I've done cars, motorcycles, vans, etc. But never a boat before. So I'm going to give my hull a paint job. I haven't yet decided just how extravagant I want to get with it.

Time will tell.

All the best to you Tex! Cheers!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”