Welcome to the Liveaboard Forum

We are a forum dedicated to Liveaboards worldwide to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of living aboard a boat. Whether you are currently a liveaboard or want to become one you find every thing you need at Life-Aboard.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Hoping to be one of you soon

Stop in and say hi! Let us know a little bit about you.

Topic author
Tmart851
Your Vessel Info: Wanting a Carver 500/504
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Re: Hoping to be one of you soon

Unread postby Tmart851 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:55 am

Tex,
Thank you for the response. That is what I was looking for. We are definitely looking at the Older Hatteras and Viking MY but the Carvers are in the running for sure. We are only looking at traveling down to do the Caribbean loop. I do know that Hatteras and Viking would be the better choice but do you think a Carver would make this trip? The Admiral really likes the Carvers. Lol

tex
Has Liked: 16 times
Been Liked: 195 times

Unread postby tex » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:29 pm

I get the appeal of Carvers as the design addresses the use of space and cost, but Carvers of the past have not been among the noted “quality” builds. These are price-built boats that need to be constructed and assembled with time-saving methods convenient to the builder rather than the end user. Ease of access to maintenance areas, wiring & plumbing often suffer the consequences. It wouldn’t be my choice.
When life is hard, eat marshmallows!

Topic author
Tmart851
Your Vessel Info: Wanting a Carver 500/504
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Unread postby Tmart851 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:59 pm

I really appreciate you response. You are not the first person to say that about Carver. Looks like a Hatteras may be in my future.
I’ll keep you posted.
Thanks again

Return to “Introduce Yourself”