Welcome to the Liveaboard Forum

We are a forum dedicated to Liveaboards worldwide to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of living aboard a boat. Whether you are currently a liveaboard or want to become one you find every thing you need at Life-Aboard.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Hey everyone!

Stop in and say hi! Let us know a little bit about you.

Topic author
CowboyJustin
Your Vessel Info: Looking for a boat big enough and comfortable enough for a single 36 year old male on disability.
Been Liked: 1 time

Hey everyone!

Unread postby CowboyJustin » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:50 am

Hey folks, I am a 36 year old white male living in Dania Beach Florida. Due to several reasons I am disabled, and waiting on disability. I have been around boats all my life, fishing, cruising, and just having fun. I have always dreamed of living on a boat, just me myself and I. I enjoy things like rodeos, fishing, camping, boating, travelling. Looking forward to reading and being part of this forum.

RTB
Your Vessel Info: 1982 Hunter 36 (Cherubini)
Has Liked: 149 times
Been Liked: 66 times

Re: Hey everyone!

Unread postby RTB » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:05 pm

Hi and welcome!
But Why's the Rum Gone?

1982 (Cherubini)Hunter 36
s/v FUGUE

tex
Has Liked: 19 times
Been Liked: 203 times

Unread postby tex » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:44 pm

Welcome aboard. Disability is hardly a stranger for many live-aboards. My Admiral suspects I must be mentally disabled to even be involved in boating. Researching the different styles of vessels is fun. Choosing a layout that best facilitates ones disability may take a lot of information gathering AND getting aboard more than a few. Keep us informed on your journey.
When life is hard, eat marshmallows!

ka8uet
Has Liked: 161 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Unread postby ka8uet » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:15 pm

Hi., Cowboy. I'm a 77 year old lady with a physical disability. My dog and I live aboard and sail my 30' catamaran If I can do it, you can do it.

tex

Unread postby tex » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:35 pm

That reminds me, Helen. How has it been getting around that Cat? Plenty of room on deck, I know, but what about the steping from the cockpit and down into the hulls? I’m still jealous of your huge shower!

tex

Unread postby tex » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:20 pm

What happened to Justin? I’m curious as to what he’s found do far.

ka8uet

Unread postby ka8uet » Fri May 03, 2019 8:51 pm

Tex, and Justin; I've found getting around on the cat to be very easy. I hang on a lot, I've found more problems getting on and off with some docks, but over all it's not hard. And I get better as time goes on. I've fallen twice so far, once in the shower, and once in the saloon. Note to self, hang on when puttin g away groceries. With one step down into the cabin, and two into each hull, it's not a problem.

tex

Unread postby tex » Mon May 06, 2019 12:15 pm

Falling in the shower!? This is a consequence of having a shower big enough to fall in! Even I could fall in your shower. Hell, I could probably do Pilates in your shower. :roll:

ka8uet

Unread postby ka8uet » Tue May 21, 2019 10:10 pm

You probably could do pilates in my shower, Tex. :D I've since got a shower mat, which gives me better footing.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”