Welcome to the Liveaboard Forum

We are a forum dedicated to Liveaboards worldwide to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of living aboard a boat. Whether you are currently a liveaboard or want to become one you find every thing you need at Life-Aboard.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Greetings from Montana

Stop in and say hi! Let us know a little bit about you.

Topic author
CapnKevin61
Your Vessel Info: S/V Aura - 1978 Southern Cross Ketch.
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Greetings from Montana

Unread postby CapnKevin61 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:55 pm

Hi all;

New to the forum and working on refitting s/v Aura, a 1978 31' Southern Cross Ketch, number 57. My wife and I grew up and have lived in Montana for most of our lives. I now work remotely and this is enabling our dream of being snow-birds to come true prior to my retiring. Plan is to spend summers sailing and camping in Montana, and winters sailing and living aboard our SC in the Florida Keys. I have hopes of learning the Keys over the next 3-4 years as I refit Aura, and then sailing her over to the Bahama's and down islands through the Greater and Lesser Antilles.

In summers now we sail our 1967 27' Pearson Renegade s/v Vayu on Canyon Ferry Reservoir here in Central Montana. I am new to salt water sailing but very excited to get to know the Keys and all of the fabulous sailing in the islands. The folks I've met in the Keys so far, from Key Largo, to Islamorada, Marathon, Big Pine, all the way to Key West have been absolutely great folks.

It is one of the things I love about the sailing/live-aboard/cruising community, the sense of camaraderie among those of us who love sailing vessels. There is very little that I know of that man has made that rivals the sailing vessel for an almost perfect balance of form, function, beauty, and grace. Nothing against anyone on a motor yacht/trawler, to each his own. If you're on a boat on the water, we all ready share more in common than 90% of the rest of the folks we share the planet with! :mrgreen:

My love and passion just happens to have tall masts and canvas. Great to be here and look forward to learning lots from everyone here. Thanks for having a great forum where all live-aboards and want to be live-aboards can share and enjoy each others lessons and experiences.

Cheers!
May you have Fair Winds and Following Seas!

tex
Has Liked: 19 times
Been Liked: 203 times

Re: Greetings from Montana

Unread postby tex » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:33 pm

Welcome aboard, Kevin. If you find yourself over herd on the left coast of FL, we’d love to get a look at that sleek Ketch. Montana to Florida?! That’s a whole new level of snowbird!
When life is hard, eat marshmallows!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”