Welcome to the Liveaboard Forum

We are a forum dedicated to Liveaboards worldwide to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of living aboard a boat. Whether you are currently a liveaboard or want to become one you find every thing you need at Life-Aboard.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

hope all still present and well.

This forum is for any discussions not related to living aboard a boat. The standard forum rules apply, so lets not get crazy :)

Topic author
Robin
Your Vessel Info: We live on a 40ft 1986 Birchwood TS37 which has been updated twin 260hp Yanmar diesels. Semi displacement shallow keel, 15kts cruise, 20kts WOT.
Has Liked: 173 times
Been Liked: 69 times

hope all still present and well.

Unread postby Robin » Fri May 01, 2020 3:32 am

In these troubled times, I hope everyone is fit and well. we are on an island pop 160,000 'ish, 25 dead locally from C19 but lower numbers than most mainland areas and casual tourism prevented. marina locked down literally no in or out through lock gates, but boatyard still working on boats inside and ashore, small grocery shop/chandlers open daily still, phone order first then collect at door, but no browsing. we get weekly supermarket deliveries and occasional fish and chip or chinese takeaways delivered free to the boat, (all restaurants/bars otherwise closed) , ordered online and have some priority on online ordering as over70 wrinklies. Country still locked down and gov doing its utmost in these trying times. Our UK wonderful NHS so far has excelled, intensive care beds still available in all areas if required, staffing added to by doctors and nurses retirees returning to help, lots of finger/blame pointing from usual armchair experts left right and centre but it really could be very much worse
Mark my words, it will be dark again by nightfall :)

CaptForce
Your Vessel Info: Morgan Out Island 41
Location: Lived Aboard 45 Years,- now on a chair in my walk-in closet!
Has Liked: 16 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Re: hope all still present and well.

Unread postby CaptForce » Fri May 01, 2020 6:51 am

Robin, Thanks for the update. 'glad to hear that all is well with you. Nancie and I are well adapted to 'sheltering in place". We have little activity away from our home. I'm spending some time each day roller skating in the abandoned racquetball court and playing my clarinet. We're reading and streaming movies. There's an increasing motivation for people here to return to work and social activities; however, we will likely remain secluded for a longer time.
Take care and joy, Aythya crew

Topic author
Robin
Your Vessel Info: We live on a 40ft 1986 Birchwood TS37 which has been updated twin 260hp Yanmar diesels. Semi displacement shallow keel, 15kts cruise, 20kts WOT.

Unread postby Robin » Fri May 01, 2020 10:46 am

we are truly sheltered on board other than the 24/7 news. lots of calls for a reopening but if that happens we are not going to change our routines until WE feel it safe

Topic author
Robin

Unread postby Robin » Fri May 01, 2020 10:48 am

hows about making a video of the clarinet music playing whilst skating, guaranteed viral :lol:

CaptForce

Unread postby CaptForce » Fri May 01, 2020 12:07 pm

Robin wrote:Source of the post hows about making a video of the clarinet music playing whilst skating, guaranteed viral :lol:

The thought gives me chills or as Tex would say, "The Heebie Jeebies". That's like running with scissors!

tex
Has Liked: 22 times
Been Liked: 215 times

Unread postby tex » Wed May 06, 2020 2:29 pm

Also on Longboat Key (an Island) feeling very privilege and spoiled. We’ve been able to get what we need delivered either from our local grocery store or various online outfits. We’re not too sure about the decision to open up much more, And we will likely continue our relative seclusion. We have the boat here at our residence so lots of projects are getting attention and perhaps a little more organization in the process. I’m even tackling a few of the things I’ve been afraid of (like topsides painting). Just finished the sealer on the veranda while treasuring how fortunate we are compared to so many, things to keep busy with and not having to have “more” (toilet paper or otherwise).

Hopefully, enough of us will come out of this thing with a bit more humility and gratification. It would go along way toward the healing the world needs.
Attachments
D34C25E4-3BD8-46B2-A36B-B9D245295D1A.jpeg
When life is hard, eat marshmallows!

CaptForce

Unread postby CaptForce » Thu May 07, 2020 6:48 am

That teak looks beautiful. 'glad to hear you guys are doing well.

Nancie and I have been sheltered so long that we've taken up time travelling. We're now living on Paris time,- in bed by 7 pm and up around 3 am. If this keeps up and we manage to break through the dark side, we will time travel to tomorrow. I'll be able to keep you posted about the future! Oh Robin, I should have waved when we passed by! 'dreaming in our secluded life, Aythya crew

RTB
Your Vessel Info: 1982 Hunter 36 (Cherubini)
Has Liked: 165 times
Been Liked: 71 times

Unread postby RTB » Sun May 24, 2020 7:57 pm

All is well here in Georgia. It's nice to see everyone's posts. Things opening back up here. First Friday is back on for the first time since March. It's a historic downtown thing here. Beverly is getting on well with her new knee. She is done with the physical therapy sessions with the professionals, but we carry on with exercises here at our apartment.

We are in Glynn County, which is pretty small at a population of 85,000. Only one death at this point, so feeling pretty safe.

Anyway, a big hello to Robin and T! You two stay well and continue to stay in touch. Happy Memorial Day to all.
But Why's the Rum Gone?

1982 (Cherubini)Hunter 36
s/v FUGUE

CaptForce

Unread postby CaptForce » Mon May 25, 2020 7:54 am

'still doing well, but going in for torn rotator cuff surgery Thursday. It seems I partially pulled a tendon from my humerus. This may be keeping me safe as I'm slow to raise my hand to volunteer!

tex
Has Liked: 22 times
Been Liked: 215 times

Unread postby tex » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:19 pm

Well CF, how did the surgery go. Hope you’re still able to handle the valves on your sousaphone. Staying well, I hope.
When life is hard, eat marshmallows!

CaptForce

Unread postby CaptForce » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:06 am

Physical therapy is going well, but challenging. During my first visit the therapist instructed, "I want you to relax while I start pulling on your injured arm". I'm a little short in the "mind over matter" department. I'm on my 14th day after surgery and I've only been able to play my clarinet for about 15 minutes.

scallywag
Has Liked: 27 times

Unread postby scallywag » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:43 am

Glad you are doing well. Recuperation is rough. I can now cut the front yard after resting four times. :lol:

Return to “The Dock Box”